Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compensation

I'm having to put a new shower in my flat. We had a problem with a leaky shower when the plumber has gone in the problem is worse that we thought and the shower has had to be removed. The tenant will be without a shower for 2 days but they do have hot water a working sink and a toilet and the plumber has left everything tidy. My tenant wants me to pay for a hotel does she have any entitlement to compensation?

Originally posted by misssmith View Post
    I'm having to put a new shower in my flat. We had a problem with a leaky shower when the plumber has gone in the problem is worse that we thought and the shower has had to be removed. The tenant will be without a shower for 2 days but they do have hot water a working sink and a toilet and the plumber has left everything tidy. My tenant wants me to pay for a hotel does she have any entitlement to compensation?
    No, the property isn't uninhabitable and so long as these repairs are carried out with due haste (as it sounds they will) then you are complying with your repairing obligations.

You might want to make a small 'ex-gratia' payment to the tenant in respect of the inconvenience, but no more than the rent for the couple of days - personally, I'd head towards a tenner a day.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X