Cutting off a bad tenant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
    credit rating is a score based on past credit history. nothing to do with pay as you go items... if you don't pay - you don't go. lol

And yes thats alot to read! If i was pushed I would do it however. The law can only go so far!, theres no such thing as a free pie!
    he most common reasons for picking up points on your credit rating are failing to pay utility, council tax, credit or store card bills on time.
    If you get disconnected you also get blacklisted, you can rest assured of that.

As for how far the law will go, you will soon find out if you choose to engage in the kinds of illegal (in some cases criminally so) behaviour you have described above.

Comment

Its not a credit system, so it wouldnt get disconnected, its a pay as you go system - like a phone. ...

Comment

You're scary...

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
          Jesus, well this situation isn't quite as bad as that film!

However, the water and the Gas are on a credit term (I won't turn them off), however the electricity is on a key metre (pay as you go), meaning if i don't pay, there isn't any electricity. Surly I could just not pay once the house is empty? (I plan to put the house on the market in June).

So it wouldn't afect my credit rating as its not on credit! It will just leave them in the dark
          I'm not sure Jesus would be too impressed, actually.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by roryl View Post
            You're scary...
            Isn't he just.

Comment

Trip, trap, trip, trap. Under the bridge lurked...
              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

No, nor do I! But here's several thousand pages about it: http://uk.ask.com/web?q=%22Trip,+tra...=196&o=0&l=dir
                JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

I'm not trying to be scary! I just want these horrible robbers to get out of my house!

Comment

So use the statutory procedures available to you, and abandon any idea of unlawful actions.
                    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                      No, nor do I! But here's several thousand pages about it: http://uk.ask.com/web?q=%22Trip,+tra...=196&o=0&l=dir
                      Er...trolls.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X