Please help? Unlucky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matthew_henson View Post
    Perhaps it you had shared the OP's experience and mine you may understand, my wife and I spend three years on anti depressants as a result, it was extremely traumatic as comes straight in to your own home. The particular individual my case most certainly deserves to meet a horrible end having done what she did us to four other people as well.

The website is now dedicated to my wife teaching career, it serves it purpose at the time.
    I feel for you, but stand by my remark. We have a legal system in this country that occasionally fails those that deserve protection - true. But that same legal system has decided that the death penalty is not appropriate for ANY crime or offence.

I have lost my mother, uncle and sister-in-law to 'C' and I am sure many other posters here will have experienced similar loss. Perhaps 'hanging' would have been a less controversial suggestion for retribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
      I feel for you, but stand by my remark. We have a legal system in this country that occasionally fails those that deserve protection - true. But that same legal system has decided that the death penalty is not appropriate for ANY crime or offence.

I have lost my mother, uncle and sister-in-law to 'C' and I am sure many other posters here will have experienced similar loss. Perhaps 'hanging' would have been a less controversial suggestion for retribution.
      I agree I am sorry

Sadly the legal systems does not help with this kind of harassment, we tried to get an ASBO but it would seem only physical or violent action will achieve this. Psychological abuse is would seem to near impossible to prove/prevent

Comment

OK I think I have a result.

As the objective it to make sure my daughter concentrates on her GCSE's and not thoughts of moving, it is imperative that we live here until 20th July.

Therefore I contacted LL direct. I told him that I wish to wipe the slate clean. I made him aware of the trouble that he had caused this household. I said my objective is to make sure I stay here for three months.

I said that I am looking for a job and will have one shortly. I said I will pay full rent and the outstanding arrears if he could reduce the figure due to this situation that was partly his fault. He agreed that this is reasonable. He has asked me to make an offer.
        I assured him that the house is clean and tidy and he replied that he never had an issue with me as a tenant before this issue arrised two months ago.

He told me that he was happy for me to remain his tenant for an even longer period.

His lawyer and himself have agreed as a gesture of goodwill to drop the section 8. The section 21 will remain until the 28 May to see if I am good for my word.

Lets just hope he is reasonable. I owe £700 in arrears. What reduced figure do you think I should propose, bearing in mind that they will proberbly negotiate that figure?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Lady View Post
          Therefore I contacted LL direct. I told him that I wish to wipe the slate clean. I made him aware of the trouble that he had caused this household. I said my objective is to make sure I stay here for three months.
          Maybe I missed something as this thread is slightly long, but 'The trouble that he has caused'! Don't you owe him money, what about the trouble that you are causing him? This attitude is the exact reason why I am tightening up my processes. Everything will be logged by email/letter as a minimum and where neccessary will section any tenants.

Also how about paying him what you can afford to pay rather than what you can get away with paying! Work out your finances and talk to him as agreed.

Matthew Henson - If things were that bad, then why didnt you move? Is that not one of the benefits of renting?

Comment

FreeLady - that is good news for you.

How about you ask him to wipe the slate clean - but in exchange you agree a new 12 month term at £50 per month extra?

Although it wouldn't save you much, it would give you security of tenure for a further 12+ months (and invalidate the current s21).

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
              FreeLady - that is good news for you.

How about you ask him to wipe the slate clean - but in exchange you agree a new 12 month term at £50 per month extra?

Although it wouldn't save you much, it would give you security of tenure for a further 12+ months (and invalidate the current s21).
              Personally, I would say no. How can I trust a tenant to honour a 12 month agreement, when they owe £700 in arrears! I would prefer to hear, how would the tenant look to clear thier debt prior to creating a new tenancy.

But I guess he can only say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazdaa View Post
                Personally, I would say no. How can I trust a tenant to honour a 12 month agreement, when they owe £700 in arrears! I would prefer to hear, how would the tenant look to clear thier debt prior to creating a new tenancy.

I see it differently.

This is a previously 'good' tenant who owes LL around a months rent. Despite the landlords previous 'dubious' behaviour, this offer (which is supposed to take that behaviour into account) loses him only £100. It also shows commitment on behalf of the tenant - thus repaying a little of the compromises the LL has just made. Finally, it is pointless expecting a tenant (or ex-tenant) to pay back a huge chunk in one go if they don't have the funds. £11.50 a week should be affordable for all but those on the breadline - thus LL has more chance to get his money.

Comment

Maybe I missed something as this thread is slightly long, but 'The trouble that he has caused'! Don't you owe him money, what about the trouble that you are causing him? This attitude is the exact reason why I am tightening up my processes. Everything will be logged by email/letter as a minimum and where neccessary will section any tenants.

Also how about paying him what you can afford to pay rather than what you can get away with paying! Work out your finances and talk to him as agreed.

Matthew Henson - If things were that bad, then why didnt you move? Is that not one of the benefits of renting?
                  Maybe you need to read the thread properly before questioning in such a way..

I paid LL rent. He did not pay morgage. House nearly repossessed. I witheld one months rent until I knew what was happening. LL harrassed me and daughter. When that didn't work he made false accusations against me to the police which he later admitted was wrong. I was very nearly arrested for racial hatred (false) Daughter would have been taken into care.

Police involved. Sent my mentally traumatic condition into decline. Lost job.

Up until that point my rent was always paid and LL did not want me to leave and still does not want me to leave.

I suggest you properly read threads to find your answers therefore you do not have to ask. My situation may be embarrassing to me but atleast I have the balls and humility to ask for assistance. You just can't be bothered reading and then embarrass yourself by asking a question which is written right infront of you.

Comment

how would the tenant look to clear thier debt prior to creating a new tenancy.

Thanks Snorkerz btw. You see it exactly.

I don't want a new tenancy. I want out in three months. Just here for my daughters GCSE's My daughter and I want out of this town for many reasons. Just to let you all know. If I wanted a new tenancy agreement LL would give it to me on the basis of the good relationship we had before the crap hit the fan. He knows that if he is on good terms with me then everything is sweet. Yesterday I was told that I can continue to stay here as long as I wish providing both parties are happy.

I told him in Feb I wanted to leave because the rent was too much now husband had left and he considered reducing the rent. It was the next day that the crap hit the fan.

I think im one of his most trustworthy tenants. I just think he has learned that I play hard ball too.

Comment

I thought this thread was about cats? Did I miss something?
                      Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

It's about avoiding being evicted before 20th July.

Cats are a weapon for LL to get me out on S8. Just a technicality.

The real story was very messy.

I explained the whole story in detail initially but was requested to edit it to a specific question, which I did.

Later on in the thread you will see what underhanded tactics the LL took to get what he wanted.

Well now he has it.

I had to give in for my daughters sake as she is what is important right now.

Comment

looks like I have got some bedtime reading to do...sorry for your problems and hope your daughter is OK
                          Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by Free Lady View Post
                            Maybe you need to read the thread properly before questioning in such a way..

I paid LL rent. He did not pay morgage. House nearly repossessed. I witheld one months rent until I knew what was happening. LL harrassed me and daughter. When that didn't work he made false accusations against me to the police which he later admitted was wrong. I was very nearly arrested for racial hatred (false) Daughter would have been taken into care.

Police involved. Sent my mentally traumatic condition into decline. Lost job.

Up until that point my rent was always paid and LL did not want me to leave and still does not want me to leave.

I suggest you properly read threads to find your answers therefore you do not have to ask. My situation may be embarrassing to me but atleast I have the balls and humility to ask for assistance. You just can't be bothered reading and then embarrass yourself by asking a question which is written right infront of you.
                            Oh, so now you are not poor defenceless Free Lady anymore! Not sure why you would think I am embarrassed, when I am clearly not. You can keep that all for yourself.

Had you have read my reply properly, then you would have noticed that I wrote it generically referring to a tenant rather than personal, to you directly. But hey you want personal, so let’s go.

You took it upon yourself to withhold the rent as you believe the LL was not paying the mortgage. I won’t go into whether that was right or wrong at this time. But would prefer to ask where the money is now? Did you spend it or put it aside until you knew what was going on, so that you would not be in arrears as you clearly are. There is more assistance available to you than there is to a LL.

I would also suggest that you misled the forum, as not only I thought this was initially about being evicted due to the having cats.

BTW, You don’t have balls, in case you didn’t know!

Snorkerz - I take your point, but how long would it before a tenant then decides that this is still to much and starts dropping behind again, or worse does a runner! I would want to see a minimum of £150 repayment pcm to consider this.

Also the LL sounds like an idiot, and am wondering why he was arrested for wasting police time! Dont walk the plank if you are not willing to jump!

Baz

Comment

Oh, so now you are not poor defenceless Free Lady anymore! Not sure why you would think I am embarrassed, when I am clearly not. You can keep that all for yourself.

Had you have read my reply properly, then you would have noticed that I wrote it generically referring to a tenant rather than personal, to you directly. But hey you want personal, so let’s go.

You took it upon yourself to withhold the rent as you believe the LL was not paying the mortgage. I won’t go into whether that was right or wrong at this time. But would prefer to ask where the money is now? Did you spend it or put it aside until you knew what was going on, so that you would not be in arrears as you clearly are. There is more assistance available to you than there is to a LL.

I would also suggest that you misled the forum, as not only I thought this was initially about being evicted due to the having cats.

BTW, You don’t have balls, in case you didn’t know!

Snorkerz - I take your point, but how long would it before a tenant then decides that this is still to much and starts dropping behind again, or worse does a runner! I would want to see a minimum of £150 repayment pcm to consider this.

Also the LL sounds like an idiot, and am wondering why he was arrested for wasting police time! Dont walk the plank if you are not willing to jump!

Baz
                              I am not saying you are embarrassed. By your conduct, you clearly are not. However your conduct does embarrass yourself. Your ineptness shows that. I can just imagine what type of LL you would be and thank God you ain't mine.

I held some money in my account with the intention of moving out there and then because the house was being repossessed by the mortgage lenders. When the harrassment took hold and the police made their presence I was so shook I could not work. Nothing mattered at all. I lost my job. I spend on average £20 a day for food, clothes, and utilities. That pitiful in comparison to the income I used to provide for my family.

You are not a Psycologist so don't try to act so judgemental.

Mental illness is a sad situation yet real. Put yourself in my shoes. First you find husband is cheating...BAM! work makes you redundant....BAM! Daughter is raped! Bam! Find out it is your own family Bam! Nephew is the accused and is sent to prison, my sisters son Bam!. Mother, sisters, nephews, nieces, brothers in law would rather turn their backs on my daughter than accept what he did Bam! Husband can't cope Bam! He leaves. Just me and daughter left. How insensitive.

I suffered from post traumatic stress disorder. Before I moved into this house we lived in a nice suburb and lived what most people would consider normal.

When this all happened I was a nervous reck. Hard for me to say because I am normally a strong individual. I just guess some things in life are sent to test us.

The reason that I am able to be alright is from the previous therapy that has helped me out of what I have suffered. TBH 6 weeks is nothing in comparison to the two years that I suffered previously.

Comment

Baz
                                As I mentioned before if you would take the time and effort to read, I explained everything in the first post. Was then asked to shorten to very specific questions and then later asked to explain more in detail.

Get with it or get off this thread as you are a liability and aint helpful!!!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X