Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rent increase

Hi everyone,

Just a quick piece of advice needed, I am a tennant and have a 12 month tennancy contract which is about to expire in two months my landlord wants to keep me as a tennant and extend the contract (or should I say give me a notice of eviction and start me on a new contract) but increase the rent from £850 to £1100.

In my original contract it says this

9.2 Rent Review
    9.2.1 In the case of tenancies in excess of 12 months, it is agreed that the rent as defined in this Agreement will be reviewed in an upwards only fashion on the anniversary of this tenancy and upon each subsequent anniversary in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI) increases for the previous 12 months and subject to a minimum of 3% and a maximum of 7.5%.

Does this just mean if I had a 2 year contract he would be bound by this or does this apply to me even though my contract is only 12 months and I want to stay.

I do agree I'm paying slightly below market value, as I moved in to this new build when there was still building work going on for his other properties, but I'm a good tennant

Thankyou very much,

Nugget

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X