Has anyone ever succeeded in getting a heating system on the Warm Front scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever succeeded in getting a heating system on the Warm Front scheme?

What were the circumstances that led to it? I've not known anyone successfully see it through to the end. I've know people try it that had knackered warm air and storage heating and still got nowhere (well one got some loft insulation). So if you did it, please let me know how!

AVOID! They are rip off merchants.

5 years ago (1st April) I moved into a flat with no heating at all. I applied for the warm front scheme (end of April) as I was a single Mum on WTC/CTC and a tenant. Guy came out, saw the size of my flat ... VERY large maisonette above shops and assured me that I would qualify for 2 large storage heaters in the lounge, one large in the bedroom and 1 medium/small in the second bedroom. I was told they would also sort the Economy 7 out.

SEVERAL months later I got a call to book surveyor. I arranged to work from home for a few hours and waited in... 5 minutes before I was due to leave for work the surveyor called, he was lost on the other side of town and sort of did a telephone survey. I gave him room dimensions and what the other guy had said.

More months later they booked to come and fit. They arrived with 1 large and 2 small heaters. I refused entry as I knew they would not even heat a fraction of the space! They then swapped a small for a medium but conned me into thinking it was a large! I was still not happy. By this time it was November and FREEZING! I let them fit it all. They left without leaving an Electric safety cert and had not even CALLED my electric company.

Another few weeks later and several calls to all sorts of people I got the electric cert and my electric co came out and sorted the Economy 7 and connected the heaters. By this time it was 22nd December! They barely took the edge off the room.

By the time I left End of March the bedroom heater had stopped working. It had been overworked and packed in.

They got £2500 from the Govt for that lot. I would advise everyone to steer clear.. I am not the only one either they have appeared on Watchdog!!
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

How interesting. I thought 'Warm Front' were a government front (no pun intended) and that they paid commercial installers to do the work. Are they actually a private profit making company themselves then?

Comment

Originally posted by greengriff View Post
        How interesting. I thought 'Warm Front' were a government front (no pun intended) and that they paid commercial installers to do the work. Are they actually a private profit making company themselves then?
        The firms they use are cowboys! they don't seem to check up on what they have done at all! watchdog did a report on it a while ago and people up and down the country said the same as me! Oh and then there were those who had to pay on top of the £2500 to get the work completed!!!
        GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Warmfront is a government funded initiative which is administered by eaga who are indeed a private company. They contract work out to installers by tender to do the work.

I have done quite a lot of Warmfront applications for my clients, however the majority of my dealings with them has been when my client has already had the work done or quotes and they have problems!The majority of the installers are rubbish! I've seen dangerous work done by them, massively overcharge clients with their own 'top up' fees, make arrangements to come and do the wqork when the client has already said no. (Had the installers ready to turn up and do work for my client despite him saying no, I'm sure the fact he was a vulnerable 94yr old had nothing to do with it!) and refuse to put right work they've messed up.

I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X