As a landlord can I delay repossession of a section 21?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a landlord can I delay repossession of a section 21?

I have issued a section 21 notice, thta has yet to reach its repossesion date. The tenants are now making offers to stay and repay arrears. Can I see how this goes and if they let me down ask the court for an enforcement notice. Even if this is 1,2 3 months down the line?
    What I don't want to do is allow these tenants to stay and accept one payment and then end up having to give two months notice again.

Hope I can get some clarification on this.

Regards Steve

Have you applied to court yet? If not, don't; and you'll still have the power to apply later on (without any further notification to T) unless:
    a. you're debarred because you took a protectable deposit which is not protected;
    b. you're debarred because the premises are a licensable HMO which is not licensed; or
    c. you grant a new letting to T and thereby impliedly cancel your s.21 rights in respect of the old tenancy.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Excellent

Thank you for your prompt and succinct reply. Not debarred for any reason above so we shall have to see how things go.

Regards Steve

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X