Council tax question

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Council tax question

    Hi all,

    I'm new here so I'll start by saying 'hello'

    I have a lodger thay stays with me from Monday to Thursday, he has his own house with his wife so pays duel occupancy.

    Do I have to still have to pay dual CT on my propery?

    Any help would be much appreciated.


  • #2
    Yes, you have to pay it to Local Authority.
    However, whether T has to pay any to you depends on the written Letting Agreement (Lodger) into which you and he entered.

    Or are you asking about the 'sole occupier' 25% discount?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


    Latest Activity