Noisy Neighbours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Neighbours

Can anyone offer any advice on what we can or should do?

We moved into a rented house 4 weeks ago and from day 1 the next door neighbour plays his music loud all day every day (never evenings), today i went round there and asked if he could politely turn his music down as there was no need to have it so loud, straight away he turned it down, 1/2 hour later it was back on and he was louded than ever as was also singing at the top of his lungs.

Before we moved here it had never been rented out before, and the LL had lived here for 2 years (they only moved as they got given a house with their jobs - teachers), today the environmental health telephoned to follow up my call last week, he told me a complaint had been put in by the our LL in april 2009.

I'm feeling really frustrated that the fact we have only just moved here, signed a 12 month contract and now we have to deal with the noisy neighbour, take diary notes and even install recorders (if it comes to that).

Any advice on where we stand legally with this, say in 6 months time we cant deal with the agro no more (there is no 6 month clause).

Any help, experience or advice would be welcome, thanks lilac x

p.s the LL is using a letting agent who we deal with directly rather than them

Is your property in fact a house or a flat?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Its a house with no neighbours the other side just a park

Comment

Originally posted by lilacworld View Post
        Its a house with no neighbours the other side just a park
        In that case the Environmental Health Officer in charge of noise abatement is your best hope. Keep the diary. Log every instance of nuisance. Then when you have amassed a couple of weeks' worth of evidence, contact your EHO. If the noise spills out into the street (noisy parties etc), ask the police to speak to your neighbours.

Good luck - I appreciate how frustrating and stressful this kind of anti-social behaviour can be.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• This is a NO isn't it? Seems iffy to me, what do you think?
          Berlingogirl
          This is a NO isn't it? Seems iffy to me, what do you think? Any insights? My ad is on Gumtree.

"Hello, I'm A***** a British America Business man, I have a business project in your area and I'll like to rent your apartment for the period of 6 month and I'll like to know...
          27-07-2017, 13:57 PM
        • Reply to This is a NO isn't it? Seems iffy to me, what do you think?
          Berlingogirl
          I'm trying to , jta, but I think he knows I know....
          27-07-2017, 20:16 PM
        • Extremely anti-social and criminal tenant -Section 8
          BouwensPB
          I have an extremely anti-social and criminal tenant. My neighbours think she is possibly a sex worker and drugs abusing and dealing. She has made a witnessed and CCTV sited assault on one neighbour and has verbally abused others. 3 crimes have been reported and the local authority talk about making...
          26-07-2017, 16:09 PM
        • Reply to Extremely anti-social and criminal tenant -Section 8
          Wright76
          You are also aware you are now liable to pay her a penalty of up three times the deposit value?.

My experience of a drug addict is that they will leave with a financial offering.

Strike a deal taking into account your likely penalty and eviction costs and offer her an amount...
          27-07-2017, 19:10 PM
        • Reply to Extremely anti-social and criminal tenant -Section 8
          theartfullodger
          Check insurance for what you must do knowing what you do....
          27-07-2017, 19:00 PM
        • Tips for making a good impression when meeting a landlord
          purpleangel
          Our potential new landlady has 'approved us in principle' but wants to meet us at the house as the final part in the referencing process. Beside the obvious such as look smart, tidy and professional and warn the kids to behave, any particular tips for making sure this last hurdle goes smoothly?
          26-07-2017, 10:11 AM
        • Reply to Tips for making a good impression when meeting a landlord
          Wright76
          Some of the above comments are crazy!. If they have aleady done their referencing and credit checks then they likely just want to meet you.

As someone said above, they are trusting you with their very valuable asset.

As a landlord I couldn't care less what clothes someone...
          27-07-2017, 19:00 PM
        • Landlord Address
          bsward
          Hello,

Tenancy finished a couple of months ago. The landlord withheld part of the deposit for a variety of reasons. As the tenant, I disputed those deductions as incorrect - they contradict the Checkout Report which was completed by an agent of the Landlord but that's besides the point....
          27-07-2017, 09:58 AM
        • Reply to Landlord Address
          theartfullodger
          As the tenancy has finished you have no right to his address from agent.

Have you spent £3 with land registry to get deeds of property & see who is listed as owner & what address?? (Landlord may not be owner... legal, no very uncommon...)
          https://www.gov.uk/search-propert...
          27-07-2017, 18:59 PM
        • Tenant's energy debt.
          Gordonmrln
          I am a landlord of a 2 bed end terrace, the property is owned out right. I am registered Disabled and this was the main reason I decided to rent my property out. As it was not a suitable property for my Disability. I would have to make some major changes that would devalue my property like installing...
          20-07-2017, 22:08 PM
        Working...
        X