Just Before I Sign The Tennancy Agreement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gabby71 View Post
    try to get my £200 back and hope for the best!
    No need to hope. Either you signed something to the effect that if you pulled out you forfeit the £200 or you didn't. Pretty straightforward.

Comment

What a shame!

I've been in a similar situation and I've turned down rubbish accommodation even though desperate to get out of a horrendously noisy flat. My way of thinking was that I did not want to move into another disastrous tenancy and be tied down for a minimum of six months. It's taken months of searching, but I'm finally moving out of this flat next week. Hurrah!

Some of us have higher expectations than others!

If the place you're looking at is not going to be cleaned to your standards and the LL is not willing to repaint (as someone else will take it in that condition), then would you be happy living with it? I think it's safe to assume that you would have to live with the rubbish windows as they are.

As the property is not as described on cleanliness/furnishing status, you should be able to argue your point if you want to withdraw. I also wouldn't let them come up with the argument that they've held the property for you for x amount of time and therefore you should be charged re-letting fees as they've changed the conditions as they go along.

I hope you haven't signed a tenancy agreement as yet.

PS. I'm talking from a T point of view. Don't have a clue as to legal issues. I know nuffink!

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
        No need to hope. Either you signed something to the effect that if you pulled out you forfeit the £200 or you didn't. Pretty straightforward.
        I agree, but surely if the property was advertised as unfurnished but turns out to be furnished and LL refuses to remove the furniture, what right of redress does T have?
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X