Deposit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deposit

My T's have just been evicted owing c£2000. Whats the correct procedure regarding the deposit (1 months rent) which is held with DPS? Can I hold on to the deposit until arrears are cleared? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by fiasco View Post
    My T's have just been evicted owing c£2000. Whats the correct procedure regarding the deposit (1 months rent) which is held with DPS? Can I hold on to the deposit until arrears are cleared? Thanks in advance.
    Does your tenancy agreement allow you to use the deposit for rent arrears, or not?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      Does your tenancy agreement allow you to use the deposit for rent arrears, or not?
      Presuming it does allow for this, you file a claim with DPS to have the money paid to you. You will probably have to use the 'single claim process'. The tenant will then owe you one month less.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X