S21 advice requested please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    Not quite. The chances are that she will move out, especially if the council have agreed to re-house her if she is served a s21.

However if she fails to vacate by the 26 June you will have to apply for a court order for possession and if necessary instruct bailiffs.
    Thanks mind the gap. All this info is giving me a headache but it's info that I need to have!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelstar View Post
      I'm guessing that I don't need to say all of this considering your last reply.
      A letter is not necessary.

Should I now just hand deliver a copy of the PI today and then post the S21 on Monday?
      You could deliver the PI in person today, providing you take an independent witness who will sign and date a statement to this effect.

You may also use this method of service for the s.21(4)(a) on Monday 29 March 2010 (as an alternative method to the PO's certificate(s) of posting).
      The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

Originally posted by tom999 View Post
        A letter is not necessary.

You could deliver the PI in person today, providing you take an independent witness who will sign and date a statement to this effect.

You may also use this method of service for the s.21(4)(a) on Monday 29 March 2010 (as an alternative method to the PO's certificate(s) of posting).
        Regarding delivering the PI. The tenant is very hard to get hold of so maybe I should post it and get proof of postage then wait a couple of days and post the S21 again getting proof of postage(s)???

Comment

Regarding delivering the PI. The tenant is very hard to get hold of so maybe I should post it and get proof of postage then wait a couple of days and post the S21 again getting proof of postage(s)???
          For personal service, you would not have to deliver it to the person*.

* Personal service
          Take a digital camera (ideally one that date/time stamp's photos), a national newspaper with the current date, and an independent witness.
          (1) Knock on door of property. Wait 2 minutes.
          (2) Repeat (1) if no reply.
          (3) If still no reply, get the independent witness to take photos of you posting the letter through the letterbox (with the newspaper's date visible in the shot).
          (4) The independent witness should sign and date a statement to this effect.

Use whichever method suits you; PO of personal service.
          The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

Originally posted by tom999 View Post
            For personal service, you would not have to deliver it to the person*.

* Personal service
            Take a digital camera (ideally one that date/time stamp's photos), a national newspaper with the current date, and an independent witness.
            (1) Knock on door of property. Wait 2 minutes.
            (2) Repeat (1) if no reply.
            (3) If still no reply, get the independent witness to take photos of you posting the letter through the letterbox.
            (4) The independent witness should sign and date a statement to this effect.

Use whichever method suits you; PO of personal service.
            Thank you tom999 thats very useful info!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X