Can someone explain what MCOL mean in their letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain what MCOL mean in their letter

I applied for rent arrears from tenants via MCOL. Tenants completed defence forms and appeared to offer £100 a month (form wasn't completed fully) but didn't accept they owed the full amount. I completed N225 and requested that they pay the full amount outstanding including court courts and asked that I receive it via an attachment of earnings at a rate of £100 per month.

I have today received a one line letter from MCOL stating "The judgements of 11th March 2010 stand payable forthwith". I can't see anything that is dated 11th March and don't understand what it means. My forms are returned to me and there is attached a form entitled "BC15 and BC22 determinations". It now shows at the bottom Defendant's offer at £10 and Claimant's request £100.

Anyone any idea what this means. Have the Court decided the Defendant only needs to pay me £10 instead of the £100 they offered.

Without sight of the paperwork its impossible to answer your question. It is possible that although the original judgment was a forthwith (immediately) one, the debtor might have applied for a determination of instalments which is done by a higher officer at the court without a hearing.

If this has happened, then it looks like the order is altered on determination to £10 a month. But you can object to the determination.

Phone the relevant court, quote the case number and ask them on Monday.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Claiming for Non protected deposit
      charliesugar
      This is posted on behalf of my cleaner who approached me for help after her last landlord failed to reply to her repeated requests for return of her deposit.
      She rented a room in a shared house in London, AST, weekly rent all paid on time. Notice given and accepted, room left neat and clean....
      27-06-2017, 13:18 PM
    • Reply to Claiming for Non protected deposit
      mariner
      [QUOTE=charliesugar;n998575]To DIY she would need to pay a £305 court fee up front ( or I would have to lend it to her!) then there is the hassle of a court date etc NWNF at least gives her the support of someone who knows what they are doing[QUOTE]

Really?

AFAIK
      win...
      21-07-2017, 01:01 AM
    • Help. Scam/ fraud letting
      Hayleydenice93
      Hiya

i need some advise on my situation in regards to this flat offered to me and my partner. We viewed a flat which was in an old office block which had been converted into service apartments and then refurbished into flats.

The agency we viewed the flats through did not want...
      20-07-2017, 20:59 PM
    • Reply to Help. Scam/ fraud letting
      mariner
      So who owns the Freehold?
      IMO there cannot be a freehold TENANCY.
      21-07-2017, 00:24 AM
    • Agent refusing to give reference until we hand in notice
      Jenny7
      Hi, hope you can offer some insight, we are looking to move rental property due to new job starting in September in a new location.
      So thankfully we've a window to shop around to find a new place.
      We've found one suitable spot but we're still looking around, the new place has asked for credit...
      17-07-2017, 12:10 PM
    • Reply to Agent refusing to give reference until we hand in notice
      MrShed
      Couldn't agree more. How shortsighted. Unless they assume a tenant would leave with no notice and no forwarding address...
      20-07-2017, 22:47 PM
    • Reply to Agent refusing to give reference until we hand in notice
      KTC
      Going back to the OP.

This makes zero sense. Why would the LA/LL want a notice to quit from a tenant who they don't otherwise have a problem with. The longer until the tenant provide the notice, the longer the tenant is liable for rent. The notice period given now say, or given a month...
      20-07-2017, 22:46 PM
    • Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      MrShed
      I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
      20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
    • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      MrShed
      I'm not sure that calling someone's career driven information "nonsense" could be classed as anything other than an insult....
      20-07-2017, 22:41 PM
    • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      JK0
      Not intended to be an insult. Just sad that some are so frightened of TPTB....
      20-07-2017, 22:39 PM
    Working...
    X