If a T is evicted through the courts...

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If a T is evicted through the courts...

    will they then have a CCJ against them?

  • #2
    Not necessarily. What people colloquially call a 'County Court Judgment' is in fact an entry on the Register of unsatisfied County Court Judgments.
    This pre-supposes that:
    a. L has obtained a money judgment against T; and
    b. T has not paid it.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


    • #3
      And usually a possession order obtained through a S8 hearing will carry a court order for money (i.e. a judgment or CCJ) for outstanding rent and costs.

      That too is entered on the aforesaid register.

      Note that S21 possession proceedings carry no award of a CCJ - its possession only though there might be an award for costs (i.e. summons fee) usually.


      Latest Activity