Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land slip

Sorry, more issues!

Our property is being vacated by our T in 5 weeks. The house is on a quarry and recently there was a small lanslip. As a result, the max weight of vehicles has been restricted to 3 tons - aprrox a large transit.

If our Ts kick up a fuss about this and refuse to move because it is extra hassle/cost using smaller vehicles, what can we do? Thanks.

The difficulties of van-size limits are irrelevant. If T's gotta go, T's gotta go.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Send them the Civil Defence information packs on 'What to Do if your Home Collapses Under You Due to Subsidence' and 'Landslides : How to Stay Safe'. That should do the trick
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Demand Government Subsidies for Subsidence?
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

The goverment/council are obviously responsible, yet T now claiming 'not our fault' and demanding money towards extra cost of moving out, ie will need to fill 4 transit vans to ferry stuff to end of road then transfer into larger HGV. I don't know how much extra this will be, but with 2 weeks rent left, due on the 10th April, I have a feeling this will not be paid or reduced by T. We didn't take a deposit (lessons...)

If the landslide is entirely and utterly not our responsibility, I presume any attempts from T to get money out of us/withold rent, would be illegal?

When the tenancy agreement ends on April 25, do we have a right to re-claim house whether T has moved out or not?

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
            Send them the Civil Defence information packs on 'What to Do if your Home Collapses Under You Due to Subsidence' and 'Landslides : How to Stay Safe'. That should do the trick
            Not if our new Ts see them...

Comment

Originally posted by vegasgo View Post
              When the tenancy agreement ends on April 25, do we have a right to re-claim house whether T has moved out or not?
              Yes, but you:
              a. will need a Court Order if T sits tight; and
              b. may need bailiffs to evict T.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X