Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 8 or Section 21 route???

Thanks for all your advice so far.

Can you please help me decide which route to take from here?

My section 21 expires on 30 June, i have also issued a section 8 which expires 21 June. From this point on, which would be the quickest and most effective route to follow?

We just want to get them out the quickest and least stressful way without the need to go before a judge and if we have to lose some rent so be it we just want them out.

Can we go down the S21 route if we have issued them with a S8 form?

Thanks again.

If you have served your papers correctly, Section 21 is guaranteed possession. Althoguh they may be haevily in arrears, if they are crafty they may pay enough rent to get them under the 2 month threshold by the time of court, which doesn't make the possession mandatory.

Also, with Section 21, you can go down the Accelerated route and get possession quicker, without a hearing. You can then use the small claims court if you want to pursue the outstanding debt.

For the sake of 9 days, you are probably better going for the Section 21.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieP
      If you have served your papers correctly, Section 21 is guaranteed possession. Althoguh they may be haevily in arrears, if they are crafty they may pay enough rent to get them under the 2 month threshold by the time of court, which doesn't make the possession mandatory.

Also, with Section 21, you can go down the Accelerated route and get possession quicker, without a hearing. You can then use the small claims court if you want to pursue the outstanding debt.

For the sake of 9 days, you are probably better going for the Section 21.
      Hi thanks a lot. When the S21 expires do i send all 3 accelerated possession forms to the court with a cheque? Do i need to send any other documents with it? We just posted the S21 not registered post hope that will be okay?

How long does it normally take then? If they won't go then presumably we have to instruct bailiffs?

Cheers and thanks again for all your help everyone.

Comment

Send all three to the court, you can keep originals, they only want copies. Send the forms and all the paperwork they ask for (in triplicate), tenancy agreement, S21 etc. The notice not being registered post does not matter as long as it was served correctly. Should take about four weeks, then another four if you have to instruct bailiffs. Good luck.

Comment

You need to complete forms N5B and N119 from here

There are also guidance forms with both to help you, if you click on the left hand link of each form.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X