Property Boom or Bust - Landlords cash is king!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Boom or Bust - Landlords cash is king!

Hi,

I have posted a new entry on my blog

http://wp.me/pCIxO-18

Thanks

Sam

MODERATOR: please move to TAKE A BREAK.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

I cannot find the option to move? Please can you explain how it's done

Comment

Originally posted by sjcollett View Post
        I cannot find the option to move? Please can you explain how it's done
        You write a follow-up post saying "MODERATOR: please move to TAKE A BREAK "

Comment

...where people will continue to wonder whether the ease with which people with nothing original to say can rush headlong into mass publication is actually one of the most spectacular mistakes of the internet age.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sjcollett View Post
              Whoosh!
              eoaixcnoeainca;oxsqeismaeweirubnewourbcoaxde

Comment

Expelliamus!
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Tenant's energy debt.
                  Gordonmrln
                  I am a landlord of a 2 bed end terrace, the property is owned out right. I am registered Disabled and this was the main reason I decided to rent my property out. As it was not a suitable property for my Disability. I would have to make some major changes that would devalue my property like installing...
                  20-07-2017, 22:08 PM
                • Reply to Tenant's energy debt.
                  leaseholder64
                  I wasn't aware that the identity of council tax payers was a public record. You might be able to get a statement that it wasn't you. without breaching the Data Protection Act.
                  23-07-2017, 23:27 PM
                • Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
                  JP23
                  Why must we continuously renew our deposit with the scheme each time we re-sign our AST i.e. every 12 months?

Why can the deposit not remain protected throughout the duration of the overall tenant occupation?

Is our landlord acting in questionable faith by asking us to pay...
                  23-07-2017, 04:18 AM
                • Reply to Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
                  jjlandlord
                  I'd hope so! They run a business after all....
                  23-07-2017, 22:32 PM
                • Reply to Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
                  KTC
                  The main problem I have for the charge being passed on is that often times (esp. through agents) the charge is actually considerably more than the protection fee they pay the schemes. It's been used as another way for agents (or landlords) to make money.
                  23-07-2017, 22:29 PM
                • Reply to Tenant's energy debt.
                  Wright76
                  Your still confusing your own council tax liability at your current address with that of the rental property.

If no-one was registered as living there then you would have been billed as landlord. The fact that you haven't been indicates that they are aware of who was tenant. ASK THEM FOR...
                  23-07-2017, 22:18 PM
                  Wright76
                  To be fair lvkn yes the rent covers everything you state, but the 48 pound charge Is your choice and is avoidable.

You choose to use an insurance based scheme and hold the tenants money collecting interest. How is it fair to force that charge on your tenant each time?

With...
                  23-07-2017, 22:06 PM
                  Lvkn
                  Hello
                  i am a landlord and have insurance based deposit protection (I hold the deposit in segregated client account and register it with My Deposits) every time a new contract is drawn up we have to pay £48. If a tenancy is renewed, we pay £48. If someone moves out of one of our multiple tenant...
                  23-07-2017, 20:27 PM
                • Excessive estate agent fees
                  Cml241
                  I have a property which I started renting out via an agency. When the contract started, they found new tenants, did the relevant checks etc and charged an upfront fee which equates to approx one month's rent. As one year has almost passed, the agent has approached me asking if I want them to 'renegotiate'...
                  21-07-2017, 16:26 PM
                • Reply to Excessive estate agent fees
                  Wright76
                  If you have no ongoing contract with the agent and it was "find" only, they have no right to force you into a new AST.

Depending on the terms of your contract there's nothing to prevent you, if your feeling confident, in renewing the contract yourself and taking over.
                  23-07-2017, 19:11 PM
                Working...
                X