Short term lettings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short term lettings

I was hoping someone could provide me with some contacts as we are wanting to rent out our Wimbledon 2 bedroom flat during the Wimbledon Tennis?
    Thanks.

I would treat this as a holiday let only. Get some cottage holiday brochures and have a look at terms and conditions in those. Yours should be similar. It is a holiday let and not a tenancy.
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Be warned though - I've heard tell that the Inland Revenue are very "hot" on lettings for Wimbledon and have even heard a story where one IR investigator posed as a prospective tenant and did the homeowners for evasion of Income tax afterwards .....

Originally posted by hewittr
      I was hoping someone could provide me with some contacts as we are wanting to rent out our Wimbledon 2 bedroom flat during the Wimbledon Tennis?
      Thanks.
      Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Love 'em...

Reminds me of a plasterer I know who told me of an occasion when he did some work for a bloke who pushed him quite forcefully for a discount for paying by cash...

"Oh no, sorry, can't do that: actually I'd prefer a cheque if you don't mind"

"Hmm. Just as well - I'm a senior tax inspector"

(And yes, the plasterer had been tipped off in advance, as the guy was apparently well-known in the trade for pulling this stunt!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Epc
          by mariner
          Not quite. The LL can apply to Court for Right of Access & ask Court to apply costs against T.
          29-03-2020, 02:10 AM
        • Epc
          by lavy
          Hi, Wondered if someone could clarify I have property with existing tenants in place long term and the epc has expired but was in force when they moved in . I am aware that it would need to be renewed if a new tenant was to move in . With the new rules coming into force soon must i get an epc done...
          11-02-2020, 12:28 PM
        • Reply to No EPC
          by mariner
          I think you need a valid EPC before the Property can be advertised for sale/rent, but not for an eviction.
          29-03-2020, 01:30 AM
        • No EPC
          by Onepropertypeter
          I have a single property which I have owned since 1998. I currently have had the same tennent for about 10 years. When she began the tennency there was no requirement to have an epc and I was unaware that I needed one! I have decided to sell the property as I am now 70 years old and want the capital....
          28-03-2020, 16:16 PM
        • Reply to Epc
          by flyingfreehold
          Not quite correct. If the tenant refuses upgrades, which is his/her right this is a ground to apply for exemption...
          28-03-2020, 22:15 PM
        • Reply to Asking for 35% off rent
          by AndrewDod
          This is not likely to be valid or easy employed. It does not sound like a deed. What witnesses were there? How many witnesses and who were they? Do you have proof of ID for the Guarantor and witnesses?

But yes, they are most likely chancers using the law to try to diddle you.
          28-03-2020, 21:15 PM
        • Asking for 35% off rent
          by Lillylisa
          Hi. I am a fairly new landlord and I only own one property. About a month ago I reached out to my tenants asking if they were okay and if they wanted to get in contact with me please do. Three days later they contacted me to ask for a massive reduction in the rent asking for 35% off. I have no issues...
          28-03-2020, 16:20 PM
          by Snorkerz
          Then unfortunately, you will have difficulty enforcing the guarantee (unless your guarantor is named as a tenant or the tenancy agreement is executed as a deed). The reason for that is because

With your tenancy agreement
          • You give the tenants a tenancy, they give you rent (consideration)
          • Guarantor
          28-03-2020, 21:13 PM
          by Lillylisa
          Ps I’m unable to edit the original. Sorry so long winded. I have a visual impairment & have to use voice dictation. It’s awful!...
          28-03-2020, 21:06 PM
          by Lillylisa
          To be clear: the guarantor signed the contract which has a section called The Guarantor which clearly lays out his/her legal liabilities. In this case, he is liable for all the rent not just for his nephews. I’m sure they would not want this to fall to him. They have been very good tenants so far....
          28-03-2020, 21:02 PM
        Working...
        X