X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    Originally posted by inogen
    Does a assured periodic tenancy kick in automatically at the end of an AST?
    Yes, it's known as a 'periodic tenancy' though.

Leave a comment:

• inogen
    replied
    Does a assured periodic tenancy kick in automatically at the end of an AST?

Leave a comment:

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    Well a 'periodic tenancy' is not what you're after - it's not appriate for your scenario. It is what kicks in after the end of an AST, as Vic has said: it's not an alternative route to avoiding setting up an AST.

Leave a comment:

• King Amdo
    replied
    Hi Vic!

...I'd rent to somone I know who wants the freedom of this sort of place and wouldn't obviously try and initiate complaints about the lack of bathroom etc. The only possible problem being an inspection by housing benefit/council tax benefit officials resulting in a question being raised over 'fitness for habitation' perhaps. But again I don't think they'd question it. They sometimes do initial property checks regarding housing benefit claims...and usually regular checks regarding council tax claims and housing benefit. The ongoing checks are usually more concerned with fraudulant claimants (cohabitation etc etc etc) than substandard property issues. Thats the way the 'system' works!

Leave a comment:

• Worldlife
    replied
    Most tenancies today are granted as Assured Shorthold Tenancies and if the tenant stays on after the initial fixed term those tenancies become periodic tenancies.

Are you writing as a landlord or as a tenant? What advantages or disadvantages do you see in using an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement?

Leave a comment:

• King Amdo
    started a topic 'periodic tenancies'

'periodic tenancies'

I'd like to find out more about these including maybe specimin agreement forms.

Any help please?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X