'periodic tenancies'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'periodic tenancies'

I'd like to find out more about these including maybe specimin agreement forms.

Any help please?

Most tenancies today are granted as Assured Shorthold Tenancies and if the tenant stays on after the initial fixed term those tenancies become periodic tenancies.

Are you writing as a landlord or as a tenant? What advantages or disadvantages do you see in using an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement?
    Vic - wicked landlord
    Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
    Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Hi Vic!

...I'd rent to somone I know who wants the freedom of this sort of place and wouldn't obviously try and initiate complaints about the lack of bathroom etc. The only possible problem being an inspection by housing benefit/council tax benefit officials resulting in a question being raised over 'fitness for habitation' perhaps. But again I don't think they'd question it. They sometimes do initial property checks regarding housing benefit claims...and usually regular checks regarding council tax claims and housing benefit. The ongoing checks are usually more concerned with fraudulant claimants (cohabitation etc etc etc) than substandard property issues. Thats the way the 'system' works!

Comment

Well a 'periodic tenancy' is not what you're after - it's not appriate for your scenario. It is what kicks in after the end of an AST, as Vic has said: it's not an alternative route to avoiding setting up an AST.

Comment

Does a assured periodic tenancy kick in automatically at the end of an AST?

Comment

Originally posted by inogen
            Does a assured periodic tenancy kick in automatically at the end of an AST?
            Yes, it's known as a 'periodic tenancy' though.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X