L's right of access for inspection or viewing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWattana View Post
    Could I have insisted on the inspection. The Agent just accepted the tenants excuses.
    On a practical level, no agent in their right mind is going to enter a property over the refusal of a tenant to let them in.

What someone could do is tactically not get the tenant's cancellation and knock on the door.
    The tenant might be there and refuse entry, but if someone completely different answered, there might be something that could be done.

But I wouldn't expect an agent to bend the rules like that.

And was there any issue as a result of the subletting?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Our agents inspected yesterday and weren't happy. The landlord has now issued an s21 (we kind of felt this was coming at the end of the tenancy in two months) so not disputing it. However yesterdays inspection we were informed if via email but the landlord couldn't attend so the agent rearranged via email for 18th. As we were under the impression that yesterday wasnt happening is it worth a complaint? Technically they breached the 24hr rules as far as I am concerned. Would we gain anything as the new date agreed would have not left them enough time to serve s21 before new tenancy agreement

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X