UK mailing address service recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK mailing address service recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced UK mailing address service for an address that I can quote in my tenancy agreements?

Assuming this is legally OK, I want to change my current setup where I have my UK address as a family member's address and instead quote a mailing address, which will then forward mail to me overseas at regular intervals.

I don't anticipate receiving much mail (maybe 15-20 or so items per year).
    Can these services also receive mail to send on?

If anyone has used such a service that they have found to be good and reliable, please let me know.
    Natural selection is a wonderful thing
    You shall know them by their fruit
    Saying "Never say never", says it

PO Box service (Royal Mail) is good. I use it for all my business's incoming post.
    There's also British Monomarks (of which I've heard but have no personal experience). See http://www.britishmonomarks.co.uk/
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Can I quote a PO Box as my service address in my tenancy agreements?

I thought it had to be a street address?

Comment

Sometimes yes, sometimes no!

Yes- under s.48 of LTA 1987.

No- under s.3 of LTA 1985, because of the Act's definition of 'address':
        s.38. Minor definitions.
        In this Act:
        "address” means a person’s place of abode or place of business or, in the case of a company, its registered office;
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Which one applies to AST's?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrungy View Post
            Which one applies to ASTs?
            Both of 'em! But s.3 of LTA 1985 applies only where landlordship is changing hands; s.48 of LTA 1987 applies in all cases, so PO Box should be OK.

Comment

Thank you Jeffrey.

I will have to make enquiries as I need to be sure that I am OK legally with a PO Box address.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X