slightly unusual but help please re tenancy/photography

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slightly unusual but help please re tenancy/photography

As the tenants of a house that was on the sales market in 2008, do we *have* to allow the agent/Landlord to photograph the house (with our furniture and personal possessions) for the purpose of remarketing for sale? They have the old sales brochure and photos but I believe consider it may well look more attractive now, hence their need to re-photo. My issue is not to do with access at all - more that I am slightly nervous given some pieces of furniture and easily identifiable paintings we have. My understanding is that so long as photos are dated, the use of older ones is okay - but I'd like to be 100% on this.

Can anyone help with where I might stand?

Many thanks

John

No, you don't *have* to allow the agent to photograph the property.

Assuming, however, that you do not want to be wholly obstructive to the LL's needs, I would propose an alternative solution, that the LL bears the cost of your designated art/furniture handlers to remove your belongings from view during the photography shoot, and to reinstall them in place afterwards. I think this is perfectly reasonable if the art/furniture is of high value/awkward to move around. Ensure you get any agreement made in writing and signed by LL; don't accept a promise.

As for using old photos, I don't know the answer, but I would imagine that if the old photos are clearly dated and perhaps an explanatory note added to the details, then it could not be construed as misleading to prospective purchasers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X