I Want To Evict My Tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful, someone may bite thread respondents’ heads off if answers aren’t to someone’s liking!

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy
      Careful, someone may bite thread respondents’ heads off if answers aren’t to someone’s liking!
      I hope you aren't referring to me? I really appreciate all the help some people! have given me. There is no need to be sarcastic or nasty!

Comment

I second PaulF, if you are unsure (& inexperienced) you can end up getting it wrong. The tenant doesn't have to/probably won't tell you if you've got it wrong they'll just ignore you. When you go to court you'll lose & have to start all over again thus costing you more in loss of rent etc.

I say this not to be patronising but from bitter experience, I went down this road about 2 years ago and learnt the hard way, it was a sobering (and somewhat humiliating experience) having to sit opposite 'smug tenant' and their 'incredibley righteous housing aid advisor' only to be told that due to a technicality my request for posession was not granted. Since then I have been careful enough in my referencing of tenants not to need to do this again. My loss whilst annoying, irritating, sickening and a whole host of other things was a good kick up the backside and I have made sure since then to be careful in future about my choice of tenants and to do my homework properly in relation to my rights/responsibilities as a Landlord.

Contact someone who knows what they are doing if you are unsure it will save you in the long run.

Comment

[QUOTE=RichieP] Ground 8
          Both at the date of the service of the notice under section 8 of this Act relating to the proceedings for possession and at the date of the hearing -

(a ) if rent is payable weekly or fortnightly, at least eight weeks' rent is unpaid;
          (b) if rent is payable monthly, at least two months' rent is unpaid;
          (c) if rent is payable quarterly, at least one quarter's rent is more than three months in arrears; and
          (d) if rent is payable yearly, at least three months' rent is more than three months in arrears;

and for the purpose of this ground "rent" means rent lawfully due from the tenant.

In your case, I assume it's part (b)?

Hi I have now prepared a Section 8 notice as per your kind instructions - unfortunately I am still confused about what to put in Section 3 'your landlord intends to seek possession on ground 8 in section 2 of the ................ which reads: -

What do I type in here? Do I type in this ....."Both at the date of the service of the notice under section 8 of this Act relating to the proceedings for possession and at the date of the hearing -

(b) if rent is payable monthly, at least two months' rent is unpaid;

and for the purpose of this ground "rent" means rent lawfully due from the tenant"????

I will be sending this tomorrow with a covering letter to the tenant. Do I also send one straight to the court as well? many thanks again for all your help.

Comment

What you have there is fine. You don't send a copy to the court, but keep a copy of the Notice and the letter.

When the Notice expires, you get the forms from the court, or cortservice website. You fill them in and send 3 copies to the court.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to COVID clause in ASTs
              by KTC
              Rather than unfair, I wonder whether it can cause the tenancy to be void for uncertainity if it's somehow worded with the effect of you have a tenancy from X date if the existing tenant moves out, but not if they don't for COVID-19 related reasons.
              01-08-2021, 20:59 PM
            • COVID clause in ASTs
              by Hooper
              Does anyone have anything in their contracts? E.g. clause limiting liability where outbound tenants have to isolate and can't move out in time for commencement of next tenancy?

Anyone had this happen?
              30-07-2021, 13:23 PM
            • Reply to Tenants shilly shallying
              by Hudson01
              I think you already know the answer to your question, there are simply too many alarm bells for me, i would pull out and get better prospects and conduct the long standing and sensible checks we all have to do, i am sure you know that if you get a '' wrong un ''...... it will end in tears..... you...
              01-08-2021, 20:25 PM
            • Tenants shilly shallying
              by JK0
              A couple of weeks ago, my friend introduced me to a potential tenant. She liked the flat, agreed the rent, and we agreed she would move in 1st August. I took a week's rent as deposit.

In view of the lady living some distance away, I gave her the key safe combination, as she wanted to get...
              01-08-2021, 18:56 PM
              by ash72
              Always follow your process (if you have any) with any T referencing, even if they are recommended by someone. Most insurance want this conducted to avoid the policy being void.
              01-08-2021, 19:33 PM
              by JK0
              Oh, I don't know the partner from Adam. I just (foolishly) took my friend's assurance that she is good for the money, and she showed me her passport the other day.
              01-08-2021, 19:20 PM
            • Reply to Landlord dictating minimum temperature for property
              by 45002
              If utilities bill are in tenant's name, LL will not be able to access anything !

Unless LL tries to put bills in their name .
              01-08-2021, 19:13 PM
            • Landlord dictating minimum temperature for property
              by haystack1979
              Our landlord wants to insert a clause in our tenancy agreement to require us to maintain a temperature of 20 degrees in the house in order to mitigate a damp problem, is this legal? It's a very old place with a kitchen with thick stone walls which is poorly ventilated. The previous owner had the damp...
              30-07-2021, 11:33 AM
              by ash72
              If she wants to move in, then get the money back for the locks being changed. If you referenced both T's and they passed, then I would mark it as teething problems especially if the T hasn't rented previously. I avoid this type of situation by getting the T to sign the tenancy at a pre-agreed date and...
              01-08-2021, 19:07 PM
            Working...
            X