I Want To Evict My Tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful, someone may bite thread respondents’ heads off if answers aren’t to someone’s liking!

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy
      Careful, someone may bite thread respondents’ heads off if answers aren’t to someone’s liking!
      I hope you aren't referring to me? I really appreciate all the help some people! have given me. There is no need to be sarcastic or nasty!

Comment

I second PaulF, if you are unsure (& inexperienced) you can end up getting it wrong. The tenant doesn't have to/probably won't tell you if you've got it wrong they'll just ignore you. When you go to court you'll lose & have to start all over again thus costing you more in loss of rent etc.

I say this not to be patronising but from bitter experience, I went down this road about 2 years ago and learnt the hard way, it was a sobering (and somewhat humiliating experience) having to sit opposite 'smug tenant' and their 'incredibley righteous housing aid advisor' only to be told that due to a technicality my request for posession was not granted. Since then I have been careful enough in my referencing of tenants not to need to do this again. My loss whilst annoying, irritating, sickening and a whole host of other things was a good kick up the backside and I have made sure since then to be careful in future about my choice of tenants and to do my homework properly in relation to my rights/responsibilities as a Landlord.

Contact someone who knows what they are doing if you are unsure it will save you in the long run.

Comment

[QUOTE=RichieP] Ground 8
          Both at the date of the service of the notice under section 8 of this Act relating to the proceedings for possession and at the date of the hearing -

(a ) if rent is payable weekly or fortnightly, at least eight weeks' rent is unpaid;
          (b) if rent is payable monthly, at least two months' rent is unpaid;
          (c) if rent is payable quarterly, at least one quarter's rent is more than three months in arrears; and
          (d) if rent is payable yearly, at least three months' rent is more than three months in arrears;

and for the purpose of this ground "rent" means rent lawfully due from the tenant.

In your case, I assume it's part (b)?

Hi I have now prepared a Section 8 notice as per your kind instructions - unfortunately I am still confused about what to put in Section 3 'your landlord intends to seek possession on ground 8 in section 2 of the ................ which reads: -

What do I type in here? Do I type in this ....."Both at the date of the service of the notice under section 8 of this Act relating to the proceedings for possession and at the date of the hearing -

(b) if rent is payable monthly, at least two months' rent is unpaid;

and for the purpose of this ground "rent" means rent lawfully due from the tenant"????

I will be sending this tomorrow with a covering letter to the tenant. Do I also send one straight to the court as well? many thanks again for all your help.

Comment

What you have there is fine. You don't send a copy to the court, but keep a copy of the Notice and the letter.

When the Notice expires, you get the forms from the court, or cortservice website. You fill them in and send 3 copies to the court.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X