• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann.C
    replied
    What happens next?

Sorry Jeffery, I do mean 21(1)(b).

I shall check the form I received from the Court, I believe you are correct that there is a tear off slip.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ann.C View Post
    Today is the last day that my tenant has to file a defence against my Section 21(b).
    "Section 21(b)" of what? Do you mean s.21(1)(b) of the Housing Act 1988?

Leave a comment:

• havensRus
    replied
    you should have had a notice sent to you that the defendant had been served. At the bottom of that notice is a form that you complete and send back to the court once the 14 day period is over, requesting judgement.

your tenant still has till 5pm today to file a defence. Best thing to do is call the court office tomorrow morning, to check if defence has been filed or not, and if not, request judgement and sent in the form.

You should then get judgement within the next couple week or so, depends on how busy court is. And if judge is quick and plays ball, possession date will be 2 weeks from date of judgement.

if tenant files defence, then judge will set a date for hearing, and then ...

let the games begin ...

Leave a comment:

• Ann.C
    started a topic What happens next?

What happens next?

Today is the last day that my tenant has to file a defence against my Section 21(b) and I just wondered what happens next.

I understand that I should apply for a judgement in default once today's deadline ahs passed, but I am not sure if the Court will automatically send it to me to fill out, or whether there is a form somewhere that I can download and send off.

I fully expect that they are waiting to the absolute last minute to fill the defence form in and drop it at the Court. I can't wait to read it if they do.

With any luck they will move out over the weekend - but I doubt it!

Thanks.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Winter of Unpaid Bills
    by SouthernDave
    Good point...
    10-08-2022, 19:09 PM
  • Winter of Unpaid Bills
    by jpucng62
    Does anyone think their tenants are ready for the huge rises in energy bills this winter? Given that unit prices are expected to more than double from where we are now (and that is a big rise already) does anyone think tenants really have a grasp on this?

With mortgage rates going up fast...
    10-08-2022, 10:50 AM
    by DPT57
    I'm more concerned at the possibility of a winter of unheated rental properties and then the tenants expecting me to deal with the resultant mold.
    10-08-2022, 19:04 PM
  • Reply to Dps deposit
    by Codger
    I think the deposit of five weeks rent is more trouble than its worth. Not taking deposits means being a bit more selective in choosing tenants.
    Considering the value of the asset the tenants are trusted with the deposit rules are crazy. But thats only one of the red tape obstacles to being a...
    10-08-2022, 18:22 PM
  • Dps deposit
    by Jm1972
    Hi All,

i would be grateful if I could get some help please.

I got an estate agents to find me a tenant and do all the paperwork and get proof of service for everything, tenant moved in and paid deposit just over a week ago.

The estate agents took the deposit from...
    08-08-2022, 22:40 PM
    by jpkeates
    The daft thing is that because people will owe them the money, it won't even affect the energy company profits.
    10-08-2022, 16:52 PM
  • Reply to Dps deposit
    by jpkeates
    Looking after a significant amount of someone else's money is not a trivial undertaking.

I spent most of my career designing and building business solutions to replace manual processes.
    So I have a reasonable idea of what's possible.

There's nothing in it but downside...
    10-08-2022, 16:50 PM
    by Hudson01
    As said the idea of simply not paying is in the realms of crazy. They can get a warrant and fit a pre-payment meter to the house without your consent, i understand they will not be able to do this with everyone but the message will soon go out if they target the 1st few thousand, and as said your credit...
    10-08-2022, 16:47 PM
  • Reply to Dps deposit
    by gnvqsos
    You accept and defer ,and I take the view that the DPS could set up a programme where the incoming receipt of fund(and email details) could trigger the transmission of information relating to the DPS, and its processes. It means there is one less thing to go wrong. I like an easier life and do not take...
    10-08-2022, 16:29 PM
Working...
X