• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    Originally posted by katrinahale View Post
    Looking pedantic does not cost me money
    But what possible benefit is there to you in informing the LL she's not given you the required form of notice?!

Leave a comment:

• jghomer
    replied
    Well I guess in that case then you could always wait till 6th May and tell her you're not leaving as she didn't issue the correct notice, and hey presto you have your summer at the house! Or most of it!

Leave a comment:

• katrinahale
    replied
    Hi

Looking pedantic does not cost me money whereas moving out early may do. The landlord knew I wanted to stay untill the summer at least because of my situation but she did not even call to discuss the matter just shoved a note through the door. Whist I would prefer to be amicable about this she has not even returned my calls.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    You need to get it in writing from the Landlord if he is willing to let you leave early, and if he will waive the rent. Otherwise, as you suspect, you may be out of pocket.

Leave a comment:

• jghomer
    replied
    Yes you are still liable till 6th may but I suspect if your LL wants you gone he may be glad of an earlier departure and waive this?!

Hardly seems worth making him issue a S21. You'll ask him, he'll issue one, and all you've achieved is possibly looking pedantic?

Leave a comment:

• katrinahale
    replied
    Hi Thanks for that whilst I never planned on this being long term I really did not want to move just yet. Having said that I will not make any waves and try to find alternative accomadation but if I do move out before so as not to be akward am I still liable for rent until 6th may if so I may as well ask for a section 21.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by katrinahale View Post
    Hi

I moved into a reted house last nov on a 6 mth tenancy, have always paid rent on time. I have had a few issues with the property which the landlord has not always been good at sorting. Last night I recieved a note through the letterbox saying " This letter is to confirm that as from 6th May we will not be renewing your tenancy " I thought I had to be issued with a section 21 notice.
    So my query, is this legal and right and also if I find alternative accommadation before 6th May when the 6 mths is up do I still have to pay rent till then even if I move out before.
    Thanks for your help.
    A Notice under s.21 is needed only if:
    a. L wants you to go; but
    b. you (T) don't want to.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Unless you can come to some arrangement with your Landlord, yes you will have to pay rent for the full six months.

Leave a comment:

• katrinahale
    started a topic Giving notice

Giving notice

Hi

I moved into a reted house last nov on a 6 mth tenancy, have always paid rent on time. I have had a few issues with the property which the landlord has not always been good at sorting. Last night I recieved a note through the letterbox saying " This letter is to confirm that as from 6th May we will not be renewing your tenancy " I thought I had to be issued with a section 21 notice.
    So my query, is this legal and right and also if I find alternative accommadation before 6th May when the 6 mths is up do I still have to pay rent till then even if I move out before.
    Thanks for your help.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
    by Hudson01
    I totally agree but for one small issue....... the govt will eventually tax petrol and diesel so highly it will become a deciding factor in running a fossil fueled car, one thing which is happening in my area next year and has already happened in Birmingham..... the Clean Air Zone. This will be the...
    25-07-2021, 14:42 PM
  • EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
    by Hudson01
    I have 2 flats in a block of 12, the car park is attached to the grounds the flats are on, i have been thinking about the future of car ownership and have come to the conclusion that the flats may be less desirable to rent after 2030 given they have zero charging points (obviously) but more importantly...
    24-07-2021, 17:42 PM
  • Reply to Tennant- issues with rent payment
    by Kate foster
    theartfullodger

It states the below in the contract but i don't use open rent collection service and had sent my account details multiple times and instructed for the tenant to create a standing order but no luck.

5. The Tenant shall pay all future Rent when it becomes due,...
    25-07-2021, 14:33 PM
  • Tennant- issues with rent payment
    by Kate foster
    Hello all, I am having issues with my new tenant for past 4 months where upon requesting a standing order to be set up, he refuses to do that. he wants to pay either by cash, sometimes bank transfer and sometimes spilt payment over a few days in cash and bank transfer. It is causing me distress as there...
    25-07-2021, 13:18 PM
    by theartfullodger
    [QUOTE=Kate foster;n1164122]Hello all, I am having issues with my new tenant for past 4 months where upon requesting a standing order to be set up, he refuses to do that. he wants to pay either by cash, sometimes bank transfer and sometimes spilt payment over a few days in cash and bank transfer....../QUOTE]...
    25-07-2021, 14:22 PM
    by boletus
    As above. Or rent increase to reflect the extra hassle.
    25-07-2021, 13:41 PM
    by doobrey
    Section 21?
    25-07-2021, 13:34 PM
  • Reply to EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
    by ram
    I would be inclined to say that if a Leaseholder requires a Car charging station, the leaseholder pays the full cost of that instalation, and not have all leaseholders paying serice charges for instalations that don't benefit them.
    Yes, a station, as trailing an extention lead out of a window
    25-07-2021, 12:04 PM
  • Reply to Imminent eviction
    by Perce
    Thank you Slackjawedyokel.

I was amazed how many people from the block where my tenant lived came to support me on the day the eviction took place. They all knew what was going on and they were all tenants themselves. He did not cause them any problem.

I told my tenant...
    25-07-2021, 11:14 AM
  • Imminent eviction
    by Perce
    Hello All

Update : My tenant has no plans to move out before bailiffs arrive which is imminent. I have no clue what the bailiffs will do. He will start complaining that he has nowhere to go although he lives somewhere else just keeps his stuff in the property for free, he might say...
    21-07-2021, 19:10 PM
Working...
X