damaged door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damaged door

A friend of mine up in Lancahire had a problem with ex wife,she called round to his house could not find him door locked no answer to his phone, she called emergency services out to brak the door down which they did, he is concerned who will have to pay for the door as landlord not very happy!

What is your question?

Comment

He will have to have the door fixed as I assume he is the tenant. He will then have to extract the payment from his ex-wife - if he can!

P.P.
      Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Her in-doors?
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

On what basis did the emergency services break down the door? Why didn't she call out a locksmith?

Comment

Originally posted by Telometer View Post
            Why didn't she call out a locksmith?
            You have to pay a locksmith. Ha ha.

Comment

It's grim in Lancashire
              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                It's grim in Lancashire
                And in 'Lancahire' too:
                Originally posted by cmb View Post
                A friend of mine up in Lancahire
                JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
                  by Hudson01
                  I totally agree but for one small issue....... the govt will eventually tax petrol and diesel so highly it will become a deciding factor in running a fossil fueled car, one thing which is happening in my area next year and has already happened in Birmingham..... the Clean Air Zone. This will be the...
                  25-07-2021, 14:42 PM
                • EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
                  by Hudson01
                  I have 2 flats in a block of 12, the car park is attached to the grounds the flats are on, i have been thinking about the future of car ownership and have come to the conclusion that the flats may be less desirable to rent after 2030 given they have zero charging points (obviously) but more importantly...
                  24-07-2021, 17:42 PM
                • Reply to Tennant- issues with rent payment
                  by Kate foster
                  theartfullodger

It states the below in the contract but i don't use open rent collection service and had sent my account details multiple times and instructed for the tenant to create a standing order but no luck.

5. The Tenant shall pay all future Rent when it becomes due,...
                  25-07-2021, 14:33 PM
                • Tennant- issues with rent payment
                  by Kate foster
                  Hello all, I am having issues with my new tenant for past 4 months where upon requesting a standing order to be set up, he refuses to do that. he wants to pay either by cash, sometimes bank transfer and sometimes spilt payment over a few days in cash and bank transfer. It is causing me distress as there...
                  25-07-2021, 13:18 PM
                  by theartfullodger
                  [QUOTE=Kate foster;n1164122]Hello all, I am having issues with my new tenant for past 4 months where upon requesting a standing order to be set up, he refuses to do that. he wants to pay either by cash, sometimes bank transfer and sometimes spilt payment over a few days in cash and bank transfer....../QUOTE]...
                  25-07-2021, 14:22 PM
                  by boletus
                  As above. Or rent increase to reflect the extra hassle.
                  25-07-2021, 13:41 PM
                  by doobrey
                  Section 21?
                  25-07-2021, 13:34 PM
                • Reply to EV Vehicle Charging - Leasehold Flats
                  by ram
                  I would be inclined to say that if a Leaseholder requires a Car charging station, the leaseholder pays the full cost of that instalation, and not have all leaseholders paying serice charges for instalations that don't benefit them.
                  Yes, a station, as trailing an extention lead out of a window
                  25-07-2021, 12:04 PM
                • Reply to Imminent eviction
                  by Perce
                  Thank you Slackjawedyokel.

I was amazed how many people from the block where my tenant lived came to support me on the day the eviction took place. They all knew what was going on and they were all tenants themselves. He did not cause them any problem.

I told my tenant...
                  25-07-2021, 11:14 AM
                • Imminent eviction
                  by Perce
                  Hello All

Update : My tenant has no plans to move out before bailiffs arrive which is imminent. I have no clue what the bailiffs will do. He will start complaining that he has nowhere to go although he lives somewhere else just keeps his stuff in the property for free, he might say...
                  21-07-2021, 19:10 PM
                Working...
                X