damaged door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damaged door

A friend of mine up in Lancahire had a problem with ex wife,she called round to his house could not find him door locked no answer to his phone, she called emergency services out to brak the door down which they did, he is concerned who will have to pay for the door as landlord not very happy!

What is your question?

Comment

He will have to have the door fixed as I assume he is the tenant. He will then have to extract the payment from his ex-wife - if he can!

P.P.
      Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Her in-doors?
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

On what basis did the emergency services break down the door? Why didn't she call out a locksmith?

Comment

Originally posted by Telometer View Post
            Why didn't she call out a locksmith?
            You have to pay a locksmith. Ha ha.

Comment

It's grim in Lancashire
              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                It's grim in Lancashire
                And in 'Lancahire' too:
                Originally posted by cmb View Post
                A friend of mine up in Lancahire
                JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X