Dating the LandlordZONE Final Demand template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating the LandlordZONE Final Demand template

There is a notice available for download on the front page.

Under 'Agreements, forms & notices'. It's the 'Final Demand before Legal Action' one under 'rent arrears and evictions'

Where does the notice date of issue go? Confused given the "Submission Date for Legal Proceedings" statement that appears above the "Date" field but below the "Dated this..." part.

Sorry couldn't find the answer in past threads and just want to be correct when I send it out. Please could someone clarify for me? thanks in advance.

Final Demand - LandlordZONE Notice

Put your Name and Address at the top of the notice

At the bottom, put the notice date (date you are serving the notice) just above where it says:

Submission Date for Legal Proceedings

Put the date for starting legal proceedings (14 days after the notice date) below and sign.

That's it.

Comment

I thought this was a valentines message, wanting to "date" a template

Comment

I tried to download the template so I could help you, but the LLZ 'Agreements' page is not recognising me, my email address or either of my passwords (email or LLZ log-in)!

How rude!
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

MTG - it does the same to me, I have a separate account for access to that bit! Must be racial discrimination against 'Northerners'.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
            MTG - it does the same to me, I have a separate account for access to that bit! Must be racial discrimination against 'Northerners'.
            Perhaps it's just because we are stroppy blighters?
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
              Perhaps it's just because we are stroppy blighters?
              Moi, stroppy? I'm a pussy-cat really

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
                Moi, stroppy? I'm a pussy-cat really
                And since I am on half term, I am a one-toed sloth

Comment

Is that why you're hanging upside-down?
                  JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                  1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                  2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                  3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                  4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Mice in the flat - what to do?
                    JP23
                    We have had mice for a while now. There's only one or two that we see (we're not overrun) but still, they've left urine stains in our cupboard and behind the skirting it's ridiculously filthy and soiled.

Are we legally able to pay for a cleaner then subtract it from our rent next month...
                    26-07-2017, 06:02 AM
                  • Reply to Mice in the flat - what to do?
                    HantsAgent
                    Great, but you've entirely missed the point I was making.

If someone walked across my front garden and allowed their dog to take a massive dump I'd have more than reasonable grounds to hold them responsible for cleaning it up.

But if they refused or claimed that it wasn't down...
                    21-08-2017, 10:01 AM
                  • NTQ during fixed term?
                    vpltd
                    Hi,
                    Can a LL issue a valid NTQ during the six-month fixed term of an AST agreement?
                    (A residential let in England.)
                    VPL.
                    11-08-2017, 14:53 PM
                  • Reply to NTQ during fixed term?
                    jpkeates
                    Notice to quit is pretty well defined, "surrender" is not, so while that list looks complete, it is in fact not.

For a tenant to surrender a tenancy, there should be an offer of surrender and the landlord has to accept that offer.

If s21 notice is served and a tenant...
                    21-08-2017, 09:50 AM
                  • End of student tenancy
                    mkgirl
                    Hi

my Daughter shared a house last year with 4 strangers as she didn't get in to halls. It's been a bit of a nightmare as the 2 lads were very disrespectful with regards to cleanliness, having people over and paying towards bills. She came home a lot and i may came home for the summer as...
                    20-08-2017, 17:29 PM
                  • Reply to End of student tenancy
                    jpkeates
                    There's only (legally) one tenant in a joint tenancy ("who" is made up of the five occupants all of whom are liable for all of the obligations of the tenant), so yes, the badly maintaining students will be subsidised by the better behaved students.

The "Lead Tenant"...
                    21-08-2017, 09:17 AM
                  • Tenants reporting damp issues in flat
                    james99
                    Hi,

I rent out a modern / purpose built ground floor flat which I've owned for c15 years and lived in it myself up until the last few years when I have rented it out. Never had any issues with damp when I was living there or with past tenants, however, the current tenants have reported...
                    16-08-2017, 16:53 PM
                  • Reply to Tenants reporting damp issues in flat
                    leaseholder64
                    Most head leases for flats forbid drying within the grounds but outside the flat, so requiring drying outside the property means an extended dry in the laundrette, so you if you want to impose such a rule, you should probably ban washing machines as well.

(Where I live, a common breach...
                    21-08-2017, 09:16 AM
                  • Reply to NTQ during fixed term?
                    jjlandlord
                    The Act clearly states what a s.21 notice does, which is nothing apart from allowing the landlord to go to court.

I have just done so.

If a s.21 does nothing then the tenant may only end the tenancy by surrender or notice to quit. Both of which are very well documented...
                    21-08-2017, 09:08 AM
                  • Reply to End of student tenancy
                    mkgirl
                    Sadly all on one joint tenancy. We've learnt the hard way never to do this again! To be fair the lead tenant process was never explained, they just said someone had to be lead tenant!...
                    21-08-2017, 09:05 AM
                  Working...
                  X