X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 Date

Hi,

If anyone could help with this would be much appreciated

I wish to give my tenant notice. The start date of the tenancy in the 6th August 2009 for a six month period so am I right in putting the date - 5th May 2010 on the section 21 4 a notice.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks

Em

Yup, 5 May 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Gem233 View Post
      Hi,

If anyone could help with this would be much appreciated

I wish to give my tenant notice. The start date of the tenancy in the 6th August 2009 for a six month period so am I right in putting the date - 5th May 2010 on the section 21 4 a notice.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks

Em
      Originally posted by Poppy View Post
      Yup, 5 May 2010.
      Better to say 'after 5 May 2010'.
      Oh, and it's a section 21(4)(a) Notice; don't omit the parentheses.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

So I need to issue the notice before the 5th March 2010?

Thanks for your help

Comment

No, well before 6 March 2010. Don't delay, you'll kick yourself.

In this case, the rent period runs from the 6th and ends on the 5th of each calendar month.

Comment

OK Thanks Poppy - I will issue it tomorrow 12th February 2010 and stat that I require possession of the dwelling after 5th May 2010.

I'm worried about getting it wrong. Thanks again

Comment

I agree with Poppy, and yet I would be worried that an early s21 may induce a 'what have I got to lose' mentality and negative effects on the reliability of rent payments. Your choice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Renovation/Improvements vs Repairs / Maintenance
                by newtenant9011
                You can prevent the landlord from entering, as you have a right to quiet enjoyment, you can even replace the locks if you would like.

In turn, the landlord could issue you a section 21 notice, but the notice period is 6 months currently plus the court backlog.
                22-09-2020, 14:08 PM
              • Renovation/Improvements vs Repairs / Maintenance
                by thesleepingdog
                Hello,

I am having A LOT of trouble with my LL who is continually asking to carry out improvements on the property. It is literally nonstop and it has got to the stage where I am utterly fed up and want to leave.

During my tenancy he has replaced all the windows in the house,...
                22-09-2020, 13:22 PM
              • Reply to Rent Rises in 2020
                by DPT57
                In my part of London there is no market justification for rent increases and imo increased individual landlord costs is not a reason to raise them....
                22-09-2020, 14:07 PM
              • Rent Rises in 2020
                by jpucng62
                I cancelled all my annual rent increases when Covid hit. Since then some people have really suffered financially and others haven’t. In addition LHA rates have increased substantially for anyone needing support which appears to have had the knock on effect of increasing the rent of properties now...
                19-09-2020, 17:48 PM
              • Reply to Rats
                by ChrisDennison
                These are very interesting comments, one of my councils (South West) told me they had to stop these services unless in public areas.
                22-09-2020, 12:35 PM
              • Rats
                by ETB
                I have a tenant who has reported that he can here rats in the walls and ceiling of his 4th floor apartment. He says there are other complaints on the tenants facebook group. I have messaged the maintenance company (Name removed) but they are not replying. Just wanted to check who is liable, I'm assuming...
                21-09-2020, 22:15 PM
              • Reply to Rats
                by Berlingogirl
                I contacted my council and the rat man came out a couple of hours later with a T shaped tube thing full of blue grain which he put behind some bushes in the garden. It was free. I've not seen any rats since but the blue grain is going down. Apparently slugs and mice will also eat the bait....
                22-09-2020, 12:22 PM
              • Reply to Call to courts to initiate reactivation
                by Jon66
                You can send the information to court quoting the case number and ask them to include it in the bundle. If it's a mandatory ground the information will make little if any difference to the outcome.
                22-09-2020, 12:04 PM
              • Call to courts to initiate reactivation
                by OS7
                Hi,

I made a possession claim online on 07/07/2020. Obviously this was stayed and then on 21/07 I sent a query on the online possession claim portal to ask and query what to do if I want to reactivate my claim. No reply at all from courts. Via this forum I received good advice on the reactivation...
                22-09-2020, 10:44 AM
              • Reply to Issues due to neighbour extension in a semi-detached house
                by Effell
                Thank you for the suggestions. Although the neighbour did something with the pipe so the water isn't flowing here directly but I am not convinced that's been fixed properly as he was only concerned about the angle of the pipe and not the fact that it wasn't going underground. He seems to have done it...
                22-09-2020, 09:49 AM
              Working...
              X