Can I be Claimant?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can I be Claimant?

    Hi all

    I am managing agent for my Mothers flat and am evicting a tenant using N5B accelerated possession after issuing a Section 8 for greater than 2 months rent arrears. My Mother is officially the landlord as per the tenancy agreement.

    My Mother is away at the moment and so I cannot get her to sign this form. Can I do it all in my name as claimant or must I put my Mother down as claimant? The section 8 notice was signed by myself as landlords agent.

    Many thanks

    Only mother is L; only she can claim; only she can sign forms (unless you have Power of Attorney or written authority satisfactory to Court).
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


      Thanks Jeffrey


      Latest Activity