Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    Hmm. If that's what you were basing your case on, I think you should probably be grateful the judge didn't simply throw it out completely rather than giving you another chance to prepare properly.
    Sorry for being ignorant but what do you mean exacty?

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    I would just keep those thoughts in your head if I were you.
    Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by rizwany84 View Post
      Sorry for being ignorant but what do you mean exacty?
      I guess that he meant that you lacked proper evidence sufficient to set-out the financial position.
      I believe that the Court will want full details. Why not do a tabulation showing:
      a. down left side, each date on which rent fell due and the amount falling due; and
      b. down right side, each date on which a payment was made and the amount paid (plus the resultant credit or debit figure c/f)?
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        I guess that he meant that you lacked proper evidence sufficient to set-out the financial position.
        I believe that the Court will want full details. Why not do a tabulation showing:
        a. down left side, each date on which rent fell due and the amount falling due; and
        b. down right side, each date on which a payment was made and the amount paid (plus the resultant credit or debit figure c/f)?
        I have done this now (with photocopies of the bank paying in book as evidence). I need to send one copy to the court and one to the tenant within 7 days. Then tenant has 14 days to accept that rent statement or not and provide his version.

1. If the tenants contests the rent statement and has no proof of how mch he actually gave by cash, and I have proof via my paying in book, how does the judge decide how much has been paid?

2. What happens after the full 21 days have elapsed? Do I automatically get another hearing date sent? by post? (I used PCOL)?

Comment

Originally posted by rizwany84 View Post
          I have done this now (with photocopies of the bank paying in book as evidence). I need to send one copy to the court and one to the tenant within 7 days. Then tenant has 14 days to accept that rent statement or not and provide his version.

1. If the tenants contests the rent statement and has no proof of how mch he actually gave by cash, and I have proof via my paying in book, how does the judge decide how much has been paid?

2. What happens after the full 21 days have elapsed? Do I automatically get another hearing date sent? by post? (I used PCOL)?
          Judge will look for proof - the standard of proof is, I believe, "balance of probabilities".

The hearing date will be sent in due course.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X