Can I post the contract to the Guarantor to Sign?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I post the contract to the Guarantor to Sign?

Hi There,

I have a property that I am letting to a couple of gentlemen however one of them needs a guarantor. Now the question I have is as the title says!

Can I post the contract to the guarantor as they are in the north of Scotland and are unable to make it to London for the move in date to sign the contract.

Is their any legal issues about doing this?

J

Originally posted by scrfmah View Post
    Hi There,

I have a property that I am letting to a couple of gentlemen however one of them needs a guarantor. Now the question I have is as the title says!

Can I post the contract to the guarantor as they are in the north of Scotland and are unable to make it to London for the move in date to sign the contract.

Is their any legal issues about doing this?

J
    I'm sure you can post it, but do check if a guarantor in Scotland can be sued in the English courts (the law is different).

Comment

But where is the let property itself: E&W or Scotland?
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

The property is in London!

Comment

The property is in London!
          Take care re any guarantor who is outside the jurisdiction of E&W's courts. In the worst-case scenario, how would you sue him?
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
            Take care re any guarantor who is outside the jurisdiction of E&W's courts. In the worst-case scenario, how would you sue him?
            Thanks Jeffrey, however is their any legal issues with posting the contract rather than them coming to london and signing it.

Comment

Thanks Jeffrey, however is their any legal issues with posting the contract rather than them coming to london and signing it.
              None at all.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X