2 months clear notice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 months clear notice?

I'm about to submit forms to the court to obtain a possession order for my property (tenant refusing to move out).

I have read on many posts that I have to give 2 clear months notice when serving the S21 to the tenant.

My tenancy agreement with the tenants is due to expire 5th February 2010. I served notice to them on December 5th 2009. This may be a stupid question, but is that 2 clear months?

vb7

No problem for s21(1)b

Comment

Thank you

VB7

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Tenancy break up
        Captain Birdseye
        Hi hope someone can help with this situation.

Tenants have been with me for over a year and signed joint tenancy. Now on a periodic tenancy the lead tenant has given me 1 months notice to vacate the property due to relationship break down. The other person wishes to stay in the property...
        26-05-2018, 10:49 AM
      • Reply to Tenancy break up
        Captain Birdseye
        Yes but there is nothing to stop me issuing the other tenant a new tenancy? It may not be an ideal situation but i am starting to think of my options - best case scenario is rent from day 1. worst case scenario they refuse to leave and it takes me months to evict, then refurbish property, then re let....
        27-05-2018, 17:12 PM
      • Reply to Tenancy break up
        DPT57
        Just tell them they will all have to leave once she serves notice and explain the consequences if trespass if they dont leave. Once she has served the notice it cant be revoked so its out of your hands anyway
        27-05-2018, 15:03 PM
      • Attic conversion liability issues
        Col13
        Hi, I am new to the letting business, and have just come into possession of a terraced house that I intend to let rather than sell. The attic in the house I am about to let out was converted 35 years ago, without building control or planning. Its fine, but doesnt satisfy modern regs in terms of fire...
        26-05-2018, 10:18 AM
      • Reply to Attic conversion liability issues
        DPT57
        Tenants will be tempted to sublet the attic or AirBnB it. If you have concerns about the attic space then I would say this property is not really suitable for letting
        27-05-2018, 14:59 PM
      • Dispute with landlord over deposit
        MarieMB
        I have recently moved out of a property and requested my deposit back (£2000) from my landlord which has been protected in My Deposits scheme. I paid rent every month on time and gave him the correct amount of notice prior to moving out. I left the flat clean and received an email response from him...
        13-05-2018, 20:47 PM
      • Reply to Dispute with landlord over deposit
        MarieMB
        Hi all,

Thank you for all of your responses. They are very helpful.

Mariner, to answer your questions, it was a joint tenancy, I am listed as the lead tenant and it is my name on the deposit scheme. He took out the insurance option, which means he has spent the money. What...
        27-05-2018, 13:10 PM
      • Gdpr
        serendipity129
        Reading so much conflicting information.....I have 1 property, 1 tenant and I hols and electronic contract and have their email address, should I register and send a privacy notice?
        24-05-2018, 09:43 AM
      • Reply to Gdpr
        JK0
        Thing is, if that were the case, now the law is in place, it is too late to email anyone to ask for consent for future emails. ...
        27-05-2018, 10:58 AM
      • Reply to Gdpr
        Stef Cooke
        Rarely! And the number of large corporations who got it all wrong, some of whom are now trying to say they are sorry, can they take it all back?

I am holding off with the "I told you so's" for the more stridently convinced colleagues who were so rudely certain they had to ask...
        27-05-2018, 10:14 AM
      Working...
      X