X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to move out tenants

Hi guys
    I have a couple of properties with similar problems so will number them:
    1. I have a tenant who is out of the contract on the AST so is on a month per month rolling basis, not really my cup of tea so want them out. What notice do I send?

2. I have a young couple who are still in the 1 year contract on the AST and they always pay late and also pay less and then make it up over the month which is headache really, I also want them out, what notice do I send?

Any comments are welcome....

Regarding question 1, is it the tenant who is not your cup of tea, or the rolling AST contract? If the latter, why? Surely better than a vacant flat isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesknight0 View Post
      Regarding question 1, is it the tenant who is not your cup of tea, or the rolling AST contract? If the latter, why? Surely better than a vacant flat isn't it?
      Yes, sorry I should have been more clear, the tenant is the problem not the AST, I have other tenants I could put in, the current ones have the property in a state, despite many notices and warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by manj View Post
        1. I have a tenant who is out of the contract on the AST so is on a month per month rolling basis, not really my cup of tea so want them out. What notice do I send?

2. I have a young couple who are still in the 1 year contract on the AST and they always pay late and also pay less and then make it up over the month which is headache really, I also want them out, what notice do I send?
        The problems are distinct.

1. Serve T under s.21(4)(a). Ensure that you understand the complex rules re dates- there are hundreds of LZ threads that explain. If you wish, also serve T under s.8. Use [discretionary] grounds 12/13/15 as appropriate.

2. Serve T under s.8. Use [discretionary] grounds 10 and 11. If they owe an amount equal to or exceeding two months' rent, add [mandatory] ground 8 too. There are hundreds of LZ threads that explain.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Jeffrey
          This paints a clear picture, many thanks!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X