Effect of good tenant going bankrupt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effect of good tenant going bankrupt?

Hi, I have a tenant who has been in the property 7 months (is 1 month out of contract). She has just informed me she is going to go bankrupt due to having a house with an ex and he refuses to move out. She has always paid the rent on time and, other than this, couldn't be a more perfect tenant even fixing small things that go wrong in the house herself rather than calling me. I have a couple questions

1) Does her going bankrupt affect my credit rating as the house belongs to me? Will it affect me or my address she lives at adversely at all?

2) My heart tells me to carry on letting her stay until such point that she doesn't pay the rent on time and will then give her notice to leave. Advice on what to do here?

Thanks

Originally posted by slindsey View Post
    Hi, I have a tenant who has been in the property 7 months (is 1 month out of contract). She has just informed me she is going to go bankrupt due to having a house with an ex and he refuses to move out. She has always paid the rent on time and, other than this, couldn't be a more perfect tenant even fixing small things that go wrong in the house herself rather than calling me. I have a couple questions

1) Does her going bankrupt affect my credit rating as the house belongs to me? Will it affect me or my address she lives at adversely at all?

2) My heart tells me to carry on letting her stay until such point that she doesn't pay the rent on time and will then give her notice to leave. Advice on what to do here?

Thanks
    You have posted this in the 'How to Use the Forums' section but the answers to your questions are:
    1) No it won't
    2) Give her a break and let her stay at least until she feels she can no longer afford the rent.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X