Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenant assigns tenancy before joint ast ends

hi
    If a tenant who has signed a twelve month joint ast assigns the tenancy to someone else, should the original tenant complete a deed of assignment , or will it be sufficient for the new tenant to sign a new ast with the remaining tenants?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Butterfly3 View Post
    hi
    If a tenant who has signed a twelve month joint ast assigns the tenancy to someone else, should the original tenant complete a deed of assignment , or will it be sufficient for the new tenant to sign a new ast with the remaining tenants?
    Thanks
    The old tenants (all of them) sign an agreement that assigns the tenancy to the new group of tenants (ie the ones remaining PLUS the new one).

Example

A, B, C & D assign the tenancy to B, C, D & X

The tenants will need to seek landlords approval of tenant X before the assignment and he may wish to reference X or perform other checks before making a decision.

There is a sample deed of assignment provided by another poster on this thread

Comment

Yes. Note that, in Snorkerz's example, 'A' alone cannot assign anything.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X