Landlord trying to keep part of the deposit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riju78
    replied
    i have told my friend to contact DPS... landlord has been shown the invoice but still wants 150 to clean the carpets!!!! and it turns out that the inventory clerk is his son! my friend has all the photos of the flat when he moved in..which actually proves that the flat is in a lot better condition now..

Leave a comment:

• Preston
    replied
    Hi, the advice is good, if your friend disagrees with the proposed deductions he should tell the landlord, explaining his reasons and then raise a dispute with the relevant deposit protection service if the landlord disagrees.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• riju78
    replied
    thanks for ur replies...he has the receipt..it was cleaned on 7th jan 2010. he moved in on sept 2008 and the deposit is protected....

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Originally posted by chappers2341 View Post
    How long has your friend been renting and is his deposit protected, if so he should open adispute with the deposit scheme.
    Does he have recipts as proof that the carpets were already cleaned.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. If the deposit wasn't protected and the last tenancy agreement was made after 6.4.2007 then it's a whole new ball game.

Leave a comment:

• chappers2341
    replied
    How long has your friend been renting and is his deposit protected, if so he should open adispute with the deposit scheme.
    Does he have recipts as proof that the carpets were already cleaned.

Leave a comment:

• riju78
    started a topic Landlord trying to keep part of the deposit...

Landlord trying to keep part of the deposit...

hi guys
    this is actually for my friend...
    he has just vacated his flat but the landlord is saying he will be keeping £250..this is what he mailed my friend..((The carpets cost £150.00 to be cleaned professionally and the flat costs £100.00. If you agree, you would get £450.00 and I would get £250.00 from the deposit of £700.00))

the carpets were actually professionally cleaned a week before he vacated and looks in a better condition than he moved in..he has also photographs to prove it.
    the inventory clerk did the inventory check after my friend moved out (my friend was asked to put the keys back in through the letter box) and has found lots of minor things like ''small areas of food splatter and mildew in window frames''

i would really appreciate if someone could tell me what my friend should be doing.....
    thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X