Can I charge landlord for my time sourcing repair work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mind the gap
    replied
    I suppose you could claim the cost of the phone calls to three tradespeople - is that what you mean by 'sourcing repairs'?

Leave a comment:

• tom999
    replied
    To withold rent for repairs, you would need proof that the work has been completed satisfactorily. There's a procedure for this. See: Tenants doing repairs.

Leave a comment:

• Can I charge landlord for my time sourcing repair work?

I moved into small house some months ago and have experienced multiple problems with it.

My landlord is very flaky. He takes weeks/months to sort out basic things which he insists on fixing himself though he is unskilled. I had a leaky roof for 4 months because he wouldn't pay a proper roofer £120 (I had some quotes done). Eventually I had to get my own builder/carpenter for some other compromises. My landlord agreed verbally to accept jobs done by my contacts if under £200. Because of the inconvenience in time/effort on my part I asked for rent reduction which he refused. I now have 3 more problems - including a building security issue. Yet again, this man is proving very difficult to pin down - after 10 days still not visited tho he is only down the road - and I am obliged to source my own builder. I am so angry about this deal and really want to charge for my time ie, deduct from unpaid rent. Am I justified?

Any feedback greatly appreciated....

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X