Professionnal Cleaning Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professionnal Cleaning Issue

Hi, we are leaving our flat and the tenancy agreement states that it requires a professional cleaning. We've been living in the flat for a year and it's been looked after properly since the moving in date.

We signed the check-in inventory including the professionnal cleaning (+steam carpet) and the agent advise that professionnal cleaning will not be compulsory as long as we are able to return the flat in the initial condition. This information was given verbally only.

We believe that a professionnal cleaning is not required at this stage, as we are able to return the property in the way we received it. Is there any way we could negotiate this matter directly with the agency to avoid this expense, if it could be avoided.

Our question has been posted before but we couldn't find any legal base to support what seems to be a common answer.

Thank you!

This issue comes up quite frequently on this site. You might find this thread useful:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ional+cleaning

Alternatively, put 'professional cleaning' into the search - there are several other threads on the subject.

In a nutshell, any 'professional cleaning company' clause is probably unenforceable as long as you can return the property in the condition you 'inherited' it in on Day One of the tenancy. In other words, if you can clean it yourselves to a professional standard, LL cannot insist you employ a company.

If there was no check-in inventory proving state of cleanliness on Day One, LL is on a losing wicket anyway.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Housing First - what are your thoughts?
      by doobrey
      Agree.

[QUOTE=LandlordLiaisonOfficer]My role within the charity and as part of the implementation team is to source PRS properties]

Sounds like an impossible job to me, unfortunately....
      18-09-2020, 20:04 PM
    • Housing First - what are your thoughts?
      by LandlordLiaisonOfficer
      Hello,

I work for a homeless charity and I am hoping you don't mind me bending your ear and gaining some landlord insight on a model we are imminently implementing for some of our service users.

Traditional housing models within the homeless sector require the service user...
      18-09-2020, 12:32 PM
    • Reply to Tenant taking issue with "lateness" of inspection.
      by Jon66
      This is poor behaviour by you as landlord. Letting yourselves in to paint a wall without asking is very out of order, and the second time being late by 25 minutes is unacceptable, and then you let yourselves in without contacting the tenant. Very unprofessional. There is a pattern emerging of just...
      18-09-2020, 20:03 PM
    • Tenant taking issue with "lateness" of inspection.
      by SamCartman
      We gave 4 working days notice to our tenant of entry to inspect, and specified 2pm to meet with them at the property.
      We arrived 20-25 minutes late due to traffic and rung the doorbell with no answer, so we used our keys to get in and ran a brief inspection in their absence which was fine. ...
      18-09-2020, 15:43 PM
      by MdeB
      It is their property because you have leased it to them.

I too would have been annoyed if you had entered my property without my permission....
      18-09-2020, 19:50 PM
    • Reply to Section 21 issued with new tenancy
      by MdeB
      My experience:
      1. The only S21 notice I have issued, the tenants left when the notice period ended.
      2. A friend of my wife received a S21 notice (it appeared invalid in about 8 ways when she gave me details) after sho posted on her social media page a photo and question about mould in her toddler's bedroom.
      18-09-2020, 19:40 PM
    • Section 21 issued with new tenancy
      by fmST1
      When a new tenant moves into a property, I get them to sign a section 21 so that if whatever reason things don’t work out, the necessary paperwork is already in place.
      I’ve never had a need to exercise this yet, but would it work?...
      11-09-2020, 08:43 AM
    • Reply to Part furnished
      by jpucng62
      So what do they do with their furniture between these 'owned houses'?

Just because you experience is different to mine doesn't make my view of renters any stranger than yours. It is based on 20 years of tenants who have all happily supplied their own furniture. I accept that it is not a...
      18-09-2020, 19:37 PM
    • Part furnished
      by Chester Perry
      Our property was let part furnished however upon leaving the Ex. tenant took it upon himself to relieve us of the white goods and wooden blinds.

The dishwasher, washing machine, 2 x fridge freezers and wooden blinds throughout were actually ones purchased when the property was our main...
      18-09-2020, 13:34 PM
      by cuttingman
      It's not their fault they are on holiday when you want to inspect. Hopefully they don't install some hidden cameras and you can prove the notice of inspection was received by the tenant.

It's a good thing the girl doesn't have a hearing problem and was having a shower when you walked in...
      18-09-2020, 19:34 PM
    Working...
    X