Making amendments to my tenancy agreement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pugilist View Post
    In your sentence(Это - точно так же как 'война и Мир' Толстым) it has no sense at all, it sounds absolutely preposturous.

It would be right if you wrote "Это - точно так же как 'война и Мир' написанная Толстым".

"написанная Толстым" means written by Tolstoy.
    "Толстого" means Tolstoy's.
    Jolly bon! That's me told.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      Sadly, the chances of their agreeing to your visiting their office at 6.30 pm are about the same as that of The Monster Raving Loony Party winning the forthcoming General Election. (Especially as the leader of that party is, equally sadly, dead).

You may have to schedule half a day off work to get this sorted.
      I have a strong feeling that the council guys will just write down my name and then shift all responsibility from the previous tenant to me...So, I'm not pretty sure that it is a good idea to go there and tell them that I've been living at this address for several years.
      I want to see what they will write me in response to my last mail, only after I have it all thought over I will start thinking of going there in person

Comment

I have a strong feeling that the council guys will just write down my name and then shift all responsibility from the previous tenant to me...So, I'm not pretty sure that it is a good idea to go there and tell them that I've been living at this address for several years.
        I want to see what they will write me in response to my last mail, only after I have it all thought over I will start thinking of going there in person
        So how can we help you?
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Lawfully you don't need to sign anything and your L cannot remove anything you have 'enjoyed' already. Under S.20 you are entitled to demand written terms of your tenancy but you do not have to sign any document or acknowledgement. I don't like the deposit clause as you should already have received written notification under what scheme your deposit is registered.

Comment

So how can we help you?
            There are lot of ways how you can help me.
            One of them is to tell me what would you do in such situation if you were me.

Comment

Jolly bon! That's me told.
              By the way, did you read "War and Peace" By Tolstoy?

Comment

There are lot of ways how you can help me.
                One of them is to tell me what would you do in such situation if you were me.
                Do what you have been advised - the council can't take action against you for times you weren't at the property.

Comment

By the way, did you read "War and Peace" By Tolstoy?
                  Yes, but not in Russian!

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
                    Do what you have been advised - the council can't take action against you for times you weren't at the property.
                    But i'm scared to go there because they can take action against me for times that I was at the property. And this was quite a long time. I really don't want them to issue a bill to my name.
                    Now the council staff themselves know that the landlord of this property is dishonest, they are aware that he forged the signutare of the previous tenant in order to avoid paying council tax himself.

Comment

pugilist, where did you live immediately before you moved to your current property and could you prove it?

Comment

But i'm scared to go there because they can take action against me for times that I was at the property. And this was quite a long time. I really don't want them to issue a bill to my name.
                        Now the council staff themselves know that the landlord of this property is dishonest, they are aware that he forged the signutare of the previous tenant in order to avoid paying council tax himself.
                        First an apology - this thread has become so long at 140+ posts that I have to admit that I haven't read all of it.

Can I ask you to answer this in 2 or 3 lines? Do I assume that you have already paid the council tax for the period you have been at the property to the landlord? Is that why you don't want to be billed for all the time you have been there? If that is so, what are you doing about getting the money back from the landlord?

Comment

pugilist, where did you live immediately before you moved to your current property and could you prove it?
                          Hallo!

Sorry for the slight delay in answering.
                          I lived at different address(I have bank statements for that address) before I moved to this property. I moved in this property 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
                            First an apology - this thread has become so long at 140+ posts that I have to admit that I haven't read all of it.
                            It's ok. Thank you for trying to help anyway.

Can I ask you to answer this in 2 or 3 lines? Do I assume that you have already paid the council tax for the period you have been at the property to the landlord?
                            No way! I haven't paid the council tax because I am sure that I don't have to pay it (1.as it is the HMO 2. the LL told me before I moved in that I wouldn't worry about the CT and wouldn't have to pay it)!

Is that why you don't want to be billed for all the time you have been there? If that is so, what are you doing about getting the money back from the landlord?
                            You missed a lot of interesting information in the thread. The point is that a man who lived here before me was billed for the period he didn't live here, and the bill came to his present address , completely different part of London.
                            This man phoned the council and told them many things (see previous pages).

Well, today I received this letter :

As far as I understand a man from the council try to enter the property to establish if it was HMO or not.
                            What do you think: should I fill the form and send it or better call them and arrange another visit?
                            Whose NAME IN BLOCK CAPITALS should I print there? And whose SIGNATURE? I mean, should every tenant put his name and signature or only one?

As for me , I am scared to give my details to the council...

PS:
                            the first line of the letter is:
                            Council Inspector Called to see you

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to MCOL & PCOL
                              by OS7
                              Just to close of this thread : telephone hearing took place and after a lengthy hearing - the defendants application to set aside CCJ was dismissed and a CCJ with an instalment order was ordered by the Judge. He said he saw no real prospect of the defendant defending the claim, however to resolve he...
                              30-11-2021, 05:44 AM
                            • MCOL & PCOL
                              by OS7
                              Hello Everyone,

Via Section 21,i have recently been granted a possession order for my property to happen in middle Jan 2021. The tenants are claiming housing benefit and they owe rent arrears and monies just under £7000 - I have applied for MCOL and now currently waiting to request judgement...
                              04-01-2021, 14:16 PM
                            • Reply to Am I a lodger or a tenant?
                              by AndrewDod
                              Even if you are an AST "tenant", you are tenant of Sarah, not a tenant of Sarah's landlord. If Sarah ceases to be a tenant that does not make you a tenant of Sarah's landlord (nor does any deposit you paid to Sarah have anything to do with Sarah's landlord).

Sarah's right of...
                              29-11-2021, 23:05 PM
                            • Am I a lodger or a tenant?
                              by Bert1e
                              Hello, I have a question about my legal status in private rented accommodation.

I live in a private rented house. The entire house is rented from the landlord by one individual (let's call her Sara). Sara has a bedroom in the house and a lot of stuff in the cupboards all around the house....
                              28-11-2021, 12:13 PM
                            • Reply to Section 21 and Gas Certificate
                              by jpkeates
                              There's not normally an issue with the gas certificate timing other than the very first one.
                              That said email is not how you give people documents like that, unless the tenant has agreed to be served them by email.
                              29-11-2021, 18:16 PM
                            • Section 21 and Gas Certificate
                              by Mr. Sparkle
                              About 3 weeks ago I had a gas certificate issued.

I forgot to email the tenant a copy of the document.

I plan to evict the tenant with either a Section 8 or 21 and want to know whether there is any issue regarding the delay to give the tenant the gas cert?

There...
                              29-11-2021, 14:15 PM
                            • Reply to Section 21 and Gas Certificate
                              by theartfullodger
                              No idea if the GSC you have is OK or not (1st place, you don;t say) or what the timing is for when it should be served. So difficult to answer.

But...

s8 not an issue

s21 see
                              https://nearlylegal.co.uk/section-21-flowchart/

- there's...
                              29-11-2021, 17:50 PM
                            Working...
                            X