who signs section 21 notice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The link in post #13 gives: "Total documents found in BAILII databases: 3645", because the link's URL tags only include: "http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/sino_search_1.cgi?sort=juris&datehigh=&query=ultra " but is missing: "%20and%20vires%20and%20"statutory%20instrument"&m e thod=boolean&highlight=1&datelow=&mask_path=ew/cases" at the end.
    The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

blimey and i thouugt id just asked a simple question !!!!
      still not sure if the letter i recieved (section 21 possession order) is valid signed by the letting agent

Comment

As mentioned above, the landlord or agent's (A) signature is not required on the notice, so the presence of A's signature would not invalidate it. More important is whether the notice includes the name(s) and address of tenant (or joint tenants) and the name(s) and address of landlord (or joint landlords), and whether the landlord has proof of service of the notice.
        The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

by way of assistance the case confirming that the notice does not need to be signed is Barker v Hands [2007] EWCA Civ 869
          PAUL GIBBS, solicitor, Jacobs & Reeves. My comments on this forum are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. No responsibility or liability is accepted by reason of reliance upon such comments. This disclaimer would not apply to direct clients of Jacobs & Reeves where there is a valid retainer in place and I would be happy to confirm any advice if formally instructed. . Jacobs & Reeves now offer a fixed fee possession service.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Economy 7 and a smart meter
            by NaomiB
            The tank we put in was super insulated, probably cost about £200 or more. I don't think it would heat the space around it.

As a child I remember the galvanised hot water tank that was in the airing cupboard in the bathroom. Made it lovely and warm. Occasionally, it sprung a leak and...
            27-11-2021, 19:49 PM
          • Economy 7 and a smart meter
            by NaomiB
            I bought my tenant three new night storage heaters at the beginning of last year to replace the old ones.

I have just taken back management of this flat and a couple of weeks ago she emailed me about them. I told her that this particular meter had the economy 7 coming on at 8am in the...
            23-11-2021, 21:24 PM
            by JK0
            Seriously?

Go and sit in your airing cupboard, and see if it's any warmer than outside....
            27-11-2021, 17:42 PM
            by Jon66
            Just an aside, if you tenant is in full time education she is probably not entitled to welfare benefits unless she has a disability. If she is in receipt of a student loan and is struggling, she should ask her college hardship fund for help. They are very good at assisting lone parents to ensure they...
            27-11-2021, 17:41 PM
          • Reply to Cant accept visitors with pets
            by Section20z
            Landlord is the relevant party and presumably knows his lease so as long as she has his consent there's no problem and it certainly won't affect any reference
            Just because 3 old biddies are worried about their cats doesn't mean they can dictate rules...
            27-11-2021, 17:31 PM
          • Cant accept visitors with pets
            by Katarzyna1984
            Hello everyone,

I am new here and I hope someone will be able to answer my question and help me out. My sister lives in rented property (flat) and she asked her landlord for a permission to accommodate my other sister with two dog for Christmas period. Landlord said he is ok with it but...
            26-11-2021, 19:26 PM
            by Section20z
            Water in the immersion tank will supplement the space heating ?
            How does that work then ?...
            27-11-2021, 17:25 PM
          • Reply to Freezing cold, outdated heating and draughty insulation
            by Canning18
            Heaters seem to have sorted themselves out by now. Insulation is the much bigger issue though.

I've noticed a 1 by 4cm cutout in the drywall under the windowsill that lets in so much air it makes the curtains move by themselves.

Similarly, there is a nearly 1 cm gap between...
            27-11-2021, 17:18 PM
          • Freezing cold, outdated heating and draughty insulation
            by Canning18
            Hi folks,

I’ve been renting a flat through a housing association for a few years now but find my flat to be insanely freezing during the winter (it never bothered me too much before Covid as I was away with work a lot). Last year was the first year I was around all winter and I’ve ended...
            26-11-2021, 10:44 AM
            by NaomiB
            Update. Got this reply "All the advice you have given is very much appreciated but they are things that i have already done at one point or another over the past 7 years. The new heaters are set to that youtube video anyway and i have sent them all to the electrician and he says they are correct....
            27-11-2021, 17:09 PM
          Working...
          X