Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator1
    replied
    Six threads by the same member have been merged here. Please do not start a new thread if you merely wish to continue a previous discussion or report on subsequent developments. It can cause unnecessary confusion (quite apart from losing the connection with facts previously established or legal points previously explained).

Leave a comment:

• brightspark
    replied
    Originally posted by westminster View Post
    Need more info:

What date did the fixed term commence (dd/mm/yy)? (not necessarily the same as the date the contract was signed)
    What is the length of the term?
    Did T pay a deposit and, if so, is it protected and have you provided T with the prescribed information?
    hi the fixed term commenced 27 September 2010 the lenght of term this 6 months
    yes she has paid a deposit and it this protected and i have provide the t with the information
    many thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• westminster
    replied
    Need more info:

What date did the fixed term commence (dd/mm/yy)? (not necessarily the same as the date the contract was signed)
    What is the length of the term?
    Did T pay a deposit and, if so, is it protected and have you provided T with the prescribed information?

Leave a comment:

• brightspark
    replied
    help with section21

hi what date should i put on the section21 she signed the argeement on the 27 september 2010 she pays monthly and i have issued her a section 8 aswell

Leave a comment:

• brightspark
    replied
    what date should i put on the section 21 she signed the agreement on th27 september and she pays monthly
    thanks peter

Leave a comment:

• kittikat
    replied
    Personally YES, issue a Section 21 asap but ensure dates are correct and that Deposit is protected. If your Sec 8 fails you have the Sec 21 no reason for possession route open to you. But please do wait for others with more knowledge to reply.

Leave a comment:

• brightspark
    replied
    i have sent her two section8 letters by post from 2 x post offices the letters states the grounds (8)
    she this in rent arrears by 2 months her nb clovers her rent of £480.00 pm ,she owns £480.00 last year 14/1/10 and her rent has been suspended from the 10 jan 2011,ihave contacted the council but she has never been in tourch, she has signed a shorthold tenancy 6month ,agreement on the 27 september 2010. the other grounds 12 she this in breach of her tenancy agreement i have listed them under each section of her t agreement ,as fellows Section 3.3
    1 Damaged PVC front door(Needs replacement ) 2.Damaged interior doors x2 3.Damaged interior wall,4 Damaged light fitting she has pulled off the pendent and left bare wires showing.5 Back bed room interior door missing.6 Interfering with the gas boiler .7 Damaged back gates (missing) 8 Damaged gutters and down pipes
    section 3.9
    she has failed to inform me of any damages to the house
    section 3.32
    she has a dog and she did not get any consent from me to have the dog
    section 3.28
    front gardren full of rubbish,back yard full of rubbish and dog mess
    section 3.40
    She has defaced the exterior of the building by painting st georges flags all over the front of the building for the worldcup she did not get any permission from me to do this
    the interior rooms lounge & kitchen have been decorated i was not consented about this and never gave permission.
    section 3.41 light bulbs need replacement in kitchen
    i have photos of the items above ,i have not issued a section 21 yet ,do i need to do that,many thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• kittikat
    replied
    OP from your previous posts you have given various different dates for this tenancy. Perhaps it would benefit the more knowledgeable on here if you give :-
    - exact dates of AST
    - exact details of S21 issued per your previous threads
    - exact details of dates etc of S8 you have issued.

I'm sure people will be better able to advise you with this information

Leave a comment:

• brightspark
    replied
    what should i do now with tenant after serving a section 8

hi please can any one give any advice what should i do while i wait for the two weeks go by after i have issued a section 8 on the grounds section 8,12 breach of her contractual tenancy agreemnt for being 2 months in arreas and damaged to the house and do i issue a section 21 as well ,do i contract the t and or do i not i have texted her but she has answered back i do hassle her many thanks

Leave a comment:

• brightspark
    replied
    hi yes her deposit this protected and she owns 2 months one month at moment and one last year she owns £970.00 she pays £480.00 pm

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    You will need to answer MTGs post #4 with regard to section 8, and you need to tell us if T provided a deposit, and if you have protected it. You also need to clarify the monthly rent.

But..

You should serve a section 21(1)(b) notice requiring possession, expiring no less than 2 months after it is served. This is not likely to result in eviction until end of June. http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index..._contract/0-37

This page will give you some info regarding the section 8 process - which could result in eviction around a month earlier, but will be dependent on the amount of unpaid rent, or the degree of damage caused. http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index..._contract/0-36

Any damage the tenant has caused, you can attempt to recover from their deposit or guarantor. Alternatively, you can sue in court if you have sufficient proof and believe it is worthwhile. Tenant may counterclaim for disrepair.

Leave a comment:

• brightspark
    replied
    she pays monthly and she owes £970.00

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by brightspark View Post
    hi the ast was started 27 sept 2010 i have not given section21 and do i issue a section8 for the rent owed many thanks
    How much is the rent per week/month?
    Is rent payable monthly or weekly?
    How much does she owe you at the moment?

Leave a comment:

• brightspark
    replied
    hi the ast was started 27 sept 2010 i have not given section21 and do i issue a section8 for the rent owed many thanks

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Please answer thse questions:

When did the AST start and when exactly does it end?

Have you served your tenant a section 21 Notice Requiring Possession? if so, when did you serve it, how , and after which date did you say you required possession?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Inherited a few rentals
    by AndrewDod
    I highly doubt that would pass muster with HMRC (if audited) unless it is some sort of long term tenancy from which one cannot escape.

A small diuscount can be applied (and is sanctioned by HMRC) where there are genuine difficulties (for example in the case of jointly owned property where...
    28-01-2022, 12:02 PM
  • Inherited a few rentals
    by Landlord7289
    Hoping for some advice on this situation from people who may have been through similar...

I am inheriting 4 rental properties from my late father. Are there any tips or ideas people would share about this situation?

My situation is I am early 30s in full time employment, live...
    25-01-2022, 15:02 PM
    by jpucng62
    I think that might only be in the case of a regulated tenancy where you can't recover the property.

Generally if you pay less IHT you will probably pay more CGT when you sell (unless it is still a regulated tenancy)....
    28-01-2022, 11:59 AM
    by DPT57
    In that case I would strongly urge you to join a landlords association and do some training, or you'll find your net profit is negative due to fines, penalties and non-paying tenants who prey on inexperienced landlords....
    28-01-2022, 11:31 AM
    by Piffy
    I was once told that if a property is rented that reduced the valuation for probate purposes by 40% which is quite useful as I found a low valuation reduced the amount of Inheritance Tax of 40% and when I sold 8 years later I had to pay the lower Capital Gains Tax.
    I your case I would (if not...
    28-01-2022, 11:30 AM
    by Landlord7289
    Thank you to all people who responded but thank you for a more balanced view. I am in no rush to sell all as the properties are quite low maintenance whilst running on interest only mortgages I'm in the process of transferring to me. To answer your questions...

1. Net profit - happy with...
    28-01-2022, 10:23 AM
  • Reply to Renting rooms
    by jpkeates
    Where you live would be determined on the facts of your particular case.
    As you wouldn't be living there, it wouldn't pass.

Based on your two recent threads, you're trying to achieve the impossible.
    If there was a way of legally letting a property with little or no risk of a...
    28-01-2022, 09:25 AM
  • Renting rooms
    by Luke
    I have a three bedroom property in the U.K which I will rent out .
    I have had an enquiry from a couple and a friend
    I do not intend to live at the property
    Would it be possible just to rent two rooms to them , on the understanding they have full access to the property ?
    As its...
    28-01-2022, 06:09 AM
  • Reply to Renting rooms
    by DPT57
    You need to actually be living there. Your proposal also creates an HMO, whether or not you reserve a room for yourself. You'd better check local licensing conditions before you decide....
    28-01-2022, 09:12 AM
  • Reply to Renting rooms
    by Luke
    Thanks , what is regarded as living in a property ?
    Do I need to spend a set number of days being there ?...
    28-01-2022, 08:34 AM
Working...
X