HB tenant's arrears; she's damaged the premises too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi yes her deposit this protected and she owns 2 months one month at moment and one last year she owns £970.00 she pays £480.00 pm

Comment

what should i do now with tenant after serving a section 8

hi please can any one give any advice what should i do while i wait for the two weeks go by after i have issued a section 8 on the grounds section 8,12 breach of her contractual tenancy agreemnt for being 2 months in arreas and damaged to the house and do i issue a section 21 as well ,do i contract the t and or do i not i have texted her but she has answered back i do hassle her many thanks

Comment

OP from your previous posts you have given various different dates for this tenancy. Perhaps it would benefit the more knowledgeable on here if you give :-
        - exact dates of AST
        - exact details of S21 issued per your previous threads
        - exact details of dates etc of S8 you have issued.

I'm sure people will be better able to advise you with this information

Comment

i have sent her two section8 letters by post from 2 x post offices the letters states the grounds (8)
          she this in rent arrears by 2 months her nb clovers her rent of £480.00 pm ,she owns £480.00 last year 14/1/10 and her rent has been suspended from the 10 jan 2011,ihave contacted the council but she has never been in tourch, she has signed a shorthold tenancy 6month ,agreement on the 27 september 2010. the other grounds 12 she this in breach of her tenancy agreement i have listed them under each section of her t agreement ,as fellows Section 3.3
          1 Damaged PVC front door(Needs replacement ) 2.Damaged interior doors x2 3.Damaged interior wall,4 Damaged light fitting she has pulled off the pendent and left bare wires showing.5 Back bed room interior door missing.6 Interfering with the gas boiler .7 Damaged back gates (missing) 8 Damaged gutters and down pipes
          section 3.9
          she has failed to inform me of any damages to the house
          section 3.32
          she has a dog and she did not get any consent from me to have the dog
          section 3.28
          front gardren full of rubbish,back yard full of rubbish and dog mess
          section 3.40
          She has defaced the exterior of the building by painting st georges flags all over the front of the building for the worldcup she did not get any permission from me to do this
          the interior rooms lounge & kitchen have been decorated i was not consented about this and never gave permission.
          section 3.41 light bulbs need replacement in kitchen
          i have photos of the items above ,i have not issued a section 21 yet ,do i need to do that,many thanks for your help

Comment

Personally YES, issue a Section 21 asap but ensure dates are correct and that Deposit is protected. If your Sec 8 fails you have the Sec 21 no reason for possession route open to you. But please do wait for others with more knowledge to reply.

Comment

what date should i put on the section 21 she signed the agreement on th27 september and she pays monthly
              thanks peter

Comment

help with section21

hi what date should i put on the section21 she signed the argeement on the 27 september 2010 she pays monthly and i have issued her a section 8 aswell

Comment

Need more info:

What date did the fixed term commence (dd/mm/yy)? (not necessarily the same as the date the contract was signed)
                  What is the length of the term?
                  Did T pay a deposit and, if so, is it protected and have you provided T with the prescribed information?

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
                    Need more info:

What date did the fixed term commence (dd/mm/yy)? (not necessarily the same as the date the contract was signed)
                    What is the length of the term?
                    Did T pay a deposit and, if so, is it protected and have you provided T with the prescribed information?
                    hi the fixed term commenced 27 September 2010 the lenght of term this 6 months
                    yes she has paid a deposit and it this protected and i have provide the t with the information
                    many thanks for your help

Comment

Six threads by the same member have been merged here. Please do not start a new thread if you merely wish to continue a previous discussion or report on subsequent developments. It can cause unnecessary confusion (quite apart from losing the connection with facts previously established or legal points previously explained).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Dogs
                        by royw
                        What does your AST say about it?
                        05-12-2021, 23:20 PM
                      • Dogs
                        by Bridge2020
                        My tenant has asked if he can get a dog. Where do I stand on this ?...
                        05-12-2021, 11:23 AM
                      • Advice on s.8 & s.21
                        by Hetty911
                        Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Would be grateful for advice on the below.

Have a tenant on a AST which expired in July and has rolled onto a periodic tenancy. Over past 6 months rent has been delayed, partial and on two occasions unpaid. 2 months rent is missing...
                        05-12-2021, 22:01 PM
                      • Reply to Accelerated possession order
                        by Hudson01
                        Unless the tenant has dependent children, some, or all with a disability, and some other form of vulnerability for her/him self..... they will be in a crummy emergency accommodation flea pit or a dumpy flat in a place resembling the film set of '' Escape from New York ''. They are deluded.
                        05-12-2021, 20:36 PM
                      • Accelerated possession order
                        by Pariah81
                        A tenant has refused to leave the property at the end of her tenancy and has now asked to be evicted as in her words 'that will make her eligible for a council house'.

I am sending an accelerated possession order through the courts but whilst completed the forms noticed two apparent errors...
                        05-12-2021, 18:12 PM
                        by theartfullodger
                        Thatcher's 1988 housing act makes it clear tenant does not have to leave at end of fixed term

Why help tenant take a council property from a more deserving case? I'd decline to serve s21. S8 if possible... (was she ever late with rent?)
                        05-12-2021, 19:17 PM
                        by Pariah81
                        Ok so it looks like the section 21 notice is invalid as a result of this error. The deposit scheme was not in place at the time of the notice.

Apparently the deposit has to be returned in full....
                        05-12-2021, 18:35 PM
                      • Reply to Dogs
                        by ash72
                        The good thing is they have asked you prior to getting one, so the decision is yours. If you do decide then I would suggest you increase rent to compensate for your loss in the future.
                        05-12-2021, 17:21 PM
                      • Reply to Dogs
                        by jpkeates
                        I wouldn't, but it does depend on what type of dog.
                        You should assume your carpets will all need replacing.
                        05-12-2021, 16:21 PM
                      • Reply to STA, Section 8 and Court delays/Christmas
                        by jpkeates
                        Assuming it's an AST (STA's are Scottish)...
                        You don't have to renew the tenancy, just let it become periodic.
                        And, you're right, don't renew it.

To repossess, you'll either have to attend court or pay a solicitor to do so on your behalf.

If the tenant doesn't owe...
                        05-12-2021, 16:13 PM
                      Working...
                      X