Uncle Tony's Nottingham Illegal Eviction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mind the gap
    replied
    He looks disturbingly like former US President Richard Nixon

Wonder who it was exactly, who ever called him 'Uncle Tony'? Makes him sound doubly-dodgy.

Leave a comment:

• red40
    replied
    This sounds more like a HMO that didn't have a mandatory licence, as well as issues of breaching management regulations. The rent to be repaid would be done via the Residential Property Tribunal by means of a Rent Repayment Order.

Seems like a nice chap, another bad landlord who gets the rest tarred with the same brush

Leave a comment:

• justaboutsane
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    I always said Nottingham was a dodgy place [mtg retreats behind snowdrift to avoid hail of arrows, half-eaten pork pies etc].

I loved living in Nottingham..... I only left cos of my dodgy ex!!! The place is great... just some of the inhabitants as seen above!!!

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    I always said Nottingham was a dodgy place [mtg retreats behind snowdrift to avoid hail of arrows, half-eaten pork pies etc].

Leave a comment:

• Poppy
    replied
    Horrendous behaviour!

I don't associate myself with someone like that. No sir!

Leave a comment:

• asquithea
    replied
    Quite an alarming comment from one of the tenants involved is attached to that article.

Apparently, there was a history of harassment behind that case of illegal eviction, leading to one of the tenants attempting suicide.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mug
    replied
    Here's the local paper report.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/ho...l/article.html

Leave a comment:

• PaulF
    started a topic Uncle Tony's Nottingham Illegal Eviction!

Uncle Tony's Nottingham Illegal Eviction!

Just heard on Regional TV News about a 66 years old Landlord who illegally evicted 2 students by changing the locks to their rented premises.

At Nottingham Crown Court today the result was that LL was fined £14,000 and ordered to repay all the rent he had collected from them of £37,000. He also received a 4 months suspended prison sentence. The premises were also considered to be in a dilapidated condition.

Just in case any LL out there who is perhaps thinking along these lines, it just goes to show just how expensive new locks are these days!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X