Inventories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventories

My new Letting Agent doesn't produce inventories, I can either pay an outside company to produce one at the cost of 125.00 or I can produce my own. Does anyone know where I can obtain any info on how to go about producing my own. My previous LA's have always provided this service free of charge.

Originally posted by dollyd View Post
    My new Letting Agent doesn't produce inventories, I can either pay an outside company to produce one at the cost of 125.00 or I can produce my own. Does anyone know where I can obtain any info on how to go about producing my own. My previous LA's have always provided this service free of charge.
    This free inventory form (found through the LZ documents page) may be useful:

http://www.clickdocs.co.uk/property-...ry-england.htm

Comment

If you are registered on LandlordZone, then you can download the free Universal Inevntory from the Agreements section > Tenant Checks.
      The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

I havent used this but it maybe worth a look.

http://www.propertyhawk.co.uk/index.php?page=TDSMore
        Dial 999 For a Landlord

Comment

You may find this thread interesting, too:

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ighlight=video
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

If you are paying for full management I would get another agent. They should at least do one themselves or have it as a requirement on each tenancy that a outside agency does it. I bet they take a deposit which there is no point if there isnt a inventory.

Comment

Inventories/ schedule of condition

There has to be one, however brief, otherwise you will run into problems with deposit registration.

I suggest as well as textual description you get hold of a digital camera and take lots of photos which can be duplicated to the inventory/schedule of condition. When letting, be prepared to redecorate between lettings; fair wear and tear should clearly be interpreted liberally; you don't want to get bogged down in disputes that can easily be resolved with a can of Dulux!

Comment

Originally posted by dollyd View Post
                My new Letting Agent doesn't produce inventories, I can either pay an outside company to produce one at the cost of 125.00 or I can produce my own.

.. or you can change letting agents and find one who does their job properly ....

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X