Deposit return cheque held up in post - how long do I wait?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deposit return cheque held up in post - how long do I wait?

I left a rented property on 6th September and return of deposit was agreed. Due to the postal strikes I still have not received the cheque returning my deposit. My ex-landlord has already cancelled one cheque and sent another but this second one has also not arrived. It is now nearing 2 months since I left the property.
    How long can I reasonably be expected to wait for the cheque before I request the ex-landlord transfers the deposit to my account by bank transfer? I understand this is asking them to go into a branch and make the transfer and that the postal strike is not his fault, however after 2 months I do need the money back.
    Thanks for any advice

BACS payment is always preferrable to cheque. Why wait? L can pay you by BACS via telephone'internet banking, without need to visit a bank branch.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X