Tenants have stolen my stuff!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenants have stolen my stuff!

Title sums it up rather sucinctly. The current tenants in my property have stolen my items, namely white goods and beds.

I'm never going to manage to get the money off them, but if I report it to the police, will they class it as criminal or will they fob me off and tell me its civil?

As a side point, I have no idea where she lives.

Advice always appreciated.

You have nothing to lose by reporting it to the police. Have you got a guarantor you can chase? If not you know what to get next time.

Comment

Originally posted by kayak View Post
      As a side point, I have no idea where she lives.
      Use a tracing agent.
      Issue a small claims court action against the tenant(s).
      The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

Originally posted by tom999 View Post
        Use a tracing agent.
        Issue a small claims court action against the tenant(s).
        Provide contact infromation from Tracing Agent to Police
        Point out to Police that this is an easy win for their clear up statistics

Comment

Hi

i had exactly the same , reported it to ploice but did not think they would do anything .

They were very interested and took it very seriously and quickly tracked him down and recovered the stolen goods ,
          Apparently he had done this a fair bit to several landlords, after moving in and the staying only a short while before disappearing with furniture and white goods etc.
          Report it too the police , there is no reason why they should get away with it , it is theft .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X