Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rented house being put up for sale

Hey everybody, after a bit of advice.

I currently live in a rented property with 2 friends. I am the only person on the tenants agreement but that is fine as i've known these friends for years so no big issue there. But my landlord has decided to put the property up for sale. My agreement is due to end on the 18th February and he has said if he sells the property before that date he will put me up in another property until my contract expires. But now he keeps turning up unannounced to look around the property. Where do i stand on this? Also do i have much of a leg to stand on if i want to move out before my tenancy runs out?

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks

L has no automatic right to enter and view. Have you not done an LZ seach on this very Forum, to read the countless threads on that topic?

You can leave at any time you want- but you're liable for rent up to/inc. the fixed term's expiry date (unless L voluntarily accepts early surrender).
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

What about just viewing the outside of the property?

Comment

Originally posted by Grufff View Post
        What about just viewing the outside of the property?
        Yes- because that's not inconsistent with T's contractual right to quiet possession nor (in most cases) could it be seen as harassment.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X