Slippery balcony floor surface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery balcony floor surface

I am considering building a fairly large balcony on the back of one of my properties. I am considering using timber decking as the floor surface but this stuff is lethal when wet - like an icerink!

Was also considering astro turf on a flat base ?

Any one got any good ideas of good non slip materials to work with - preferably using marine ply as base ?
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
    W.Churchill

The rubber stuff they put round equipment in children's playgrounds is impossible to slip on.

Why do you want a balcony anyway? You live in Wales!
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Have you considered non-slip timber decking?

"Enhanced grip boards are available with inserts of non-slip material for use in areas where improved grip is require eg steps, ramps and key areas of decks and walkways for public access. DeckMark Plus is a quality and performance rating scheme for these type of boards. It identifies enhanced grip boards that have been independently tested for slip resistance to a British Standard like BS 7976. All of the boards supplied by the manufacturers below have a lower potential for slip in both wet and dry tests.

For specific performance ratings contact the manufacturers."

JB: Timber Decking / Anti-slip Timber Decking
      The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

Anti-Slip Surfacing Free-draining - TactTiles

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
        I am considering building a fairly large balcony on the back of one of my properties. I am considering using timber decking as the floor surface but this stuff is lethal when wet - like an icerink!

Was also considering astro turf on a flat base ?

Any one got any good ideas of good non slip materials to work with - preferably using marine ply as base ?

Have you seen TactTiles for balcony surfaces??
        Floor Doctor

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X